Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I now understand why people proof read words within the paragraph. It is to (know) what the writer meant because of the many synonyms in the English language. My question is, can the writer use one word without using any synonyms? That's the way I write. I do not change my thoughts with each paragraph. The piece is editorial by nature. I have to write (my style of understanding) and not your style of understanding. I summit we all have our own style or voice. Is this piece acceptable for reading without question or not? Critique please. Paul

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
My question is, can the writer use one word without using any synonyms?

Given that the writer has to choose a particular word, then they won't use synonyms most of the time- the reader may think of them, but the writer has to make a choice.

Esredux

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
I now understand why people proof read words within the paragraph. It is to (know) what the writer meant because of the many synonyms in the English language. My question is, can the writer use one word without using any synonyms? That's the way I write. I do not change my thoughts with each paragraph. The piece is editorial by nature. I have to write (my style of understanding) and not your style of understanding. I summit we all have our own style or voice. Is this piece acceptable for reading without question or not? Critique please. Paul

It's readable but I had to question every other sentence. Why do you have to 'write your style of understanding' not that of your readers'?

oddy1113

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Text proof written

Get some distance from the text . It's hard to edit or proofread a paper that you've just finished writing . You'll never need to ask others to proofread your texts .

DonnaEdwards

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Azerbaijani
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Australia
I haven't had a reply, yet. Could you tell me if you have received it?

Status
Not open for further replies.