Hello everyone,
I've been done some writing exercises to improve my English. Could you help me out correcting this one? Thx a lot!

Instructions:
Tell us about a vacation you took. Tell us where you went, who was with you, what you did, as well as any exciting occurrences. You will probably be using the past tense.

Text:
Three years ago I went to New York City for an exchange program. I was really exciting because I'd have the chance to live and work in there for three months. I worked as a busser in a restaurant near Times Square. It was my first work experience and I think I did a good job. Besides the work, I could visit many parks, buildings and monuments in the city. Despite the long time I stayed, I couldn't go to all places I want to like Brooklyn and Queens. I wish I had had more time in NY!
I made some special friends during my travel. One of them was an american girl named Samantha. She was very friendly and intelligent. We had a great time together.
I had some difficulties at first. It's always tough live in another country with different people. Besides that, at times I missed my family, home and friends. But I kept alright until the end! :)
That was my most memorable travel. I'm always planning to go back and revisit the city and my friends. I hope go there on next years.