[General] sir, i want to know my level of english writting???

Status
Not open for further replies.

geek0071

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
sir please can you tell me what is my level in english writing , what you think?? i am writing tech articles on different sites, m a computer enthusiast but now i am worried for my english, if it is bad then how can i fix it regarding of writing???

robbarron

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
It is not possible to grade your level of English writing based on such a short sample of your English. You have made quite a few grammatical errors but I have no idea whether your short sample is typical of your normal English writing. The only thing I can reasonably say is that your writing shows consistently incorrect usage of capitalisation (you haven't actually used any!) and the other errors are grammatical so working on different grammar structures would be of benefit to you. The errors are mostly minor and do not obscure your intended meaning, at least in the couple of sentences you have given here.

geek0071

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
thansk for your quick response.here's a piece of writing written by me, please dear sir, indicates the most common and uncommon mistakes, and tell me how can i improve over. and also tell me what kind of writing level and style i have.

Downloading is the most widely doing act by billions of people on internet. People download different stuff from internet like movies, song, video games and software by adopting different methods. One of the most widely being used method of downloading is torrent. Torrent is fast and most adopted method over simple (client server architecture) method. if you are using torrent from many years then its great possibility that you may also know the question arises most of the time with the name of torrent “is torrent legal to use or not?” That is the question which responsible of bane the using of bit torrent in some countries due to copyright issue. So In that particular post I am going to answer this question.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Every sentence has at least one error and the second to last sentence is incomprehensible.
You need to work on plurals in particular and tenses. Proper nouns are capitalized.

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Not everyone here is a "sir." There are female teachers as well as male.

geek0071

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
thanks for indicating mistakes, can you indicate the mistakes one by one and explain me whats wrong and whats the fix of that...? thanks

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
If you are writing articles for professional publication, you may consider hiring a writing coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.