Can a native speaker or an English teach help me to correct this motivation letter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gongyulan1111

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Netherlands
Can a native speaker or an English teach help me to correct this motivation letter? I asked several friends to correct it, but still the job agency kept saying that there are still some mistakes (grammar or improper use of words?), but they simple didn't tell me what exact the mistakes are? Bit annoying, but they keep refusing my letter until it is in a good shape. Can you help me with this. Thanks lot!

Dear Sir or Madam:

I’m writing this letter to express my interest in the intern of Corporate Finance offered by Medical Credit funds. I appreciate this opportunity and I would like to provide more information about me.

I’m an economics student in Utrecht University, the Netherlands. I’m expecting to get my bachelor degree in Economics and Business Economics in April, 2013. During my economics study, my specialization is slightly more focused the financial track. I complete a track of courses which include corporate finance, financial markets, and international investment, etc. This provides the vision of what it would be like in the financial industry. I also studied Law as my minor which takes up about 25% of my bachelor degree.

Besides my regular economics study, I participate in many kinds of symposiums, seminars, and open lectures at school in the area of natural science, social science, humanity, language, etc. I did this purely for fun. Some certifications obtained from attending those events can be found in my CVs.

In my 4[SUP]th[/SUP] year, I spent 2 months working in a travel agency in Amsterdam, dealing with customers. The business mode was like any other travel agency, renting villas, arranging trips, etc. My function was to provide assistance on the construction of the website, as well as on the customer service. For the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] month of the internship, I was responsible for giving assistance to my boss when he expanded his business in Chinese market. It is basically a concept of “City card Amsterdam/Rotterdam” where you can enjoy a discount rate on museum entrance fees/shopping, etc., when you have a card like this. We implemented this idea in China and the initial project we launched was “City card Shanghai”. For me, I put 60% of my effort on the communicating/translation, and the rest 40% is about the actual decision-making on the project.

My experience shows that I am highly motivated with a strong investment banking technical knowledge, outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. In addition, I enjoy working with a diverse group of people-both with clients and co-workers. All I need for my future career is some real-life experience in the field of investment management, and this position in MCF can really help me to achieve my career goal.

I’d welcome the chance to meet you to discuss how my education, experience and skills would be beneficial for the MCF. You can reach me via E-mail or telephone. Thank you for your time and consideration

Sincerely

He Huang

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Can a native speaker or an English teach help me to correct this motivation letter? I asked several friends to correct it, but still the job agency kept saying that there are still some mistakes (grammar or improper use of words?), but they simple didn't tell me what exact the mistakes are? Bit annoying, but they keep refusing my letter until it is in a good shape. Can you help me with this. Thanks lot!

Dear Sir or Madam (no colon required)

[STRIKE]I’m writing this letter[/STRIKE] I would like to express my interest in the role of intern of Corporate Finance offered by Medical Credit Funds. I appreciate this opportunity [STRIKE]and I would like[/STRIKE] to provide more information about [STRIKE]me[/STRIKE] myself.

[STRIKE]I’m[/STRIKE] I am an Economics student [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] at Utrecht University, in The Netherlands. [STRIKE]I’m expecting[/STRIKE] I expect to graduate [STRIKE]to get my bachelor degree[/STRIKE] in Economics and Business Economics in April, 2013. [STRIKE]During my economics study,[/STRIKE] My [STRIKE]specialization is slightly more[/STRIKE] studies have focused particularly on the financial [STRIKE]track[/STRIKE] aspects. I have completed a [STRIKE]track[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] various courses [STRIKE]which[/STRIKE] including corporate finance, financial markets, and international investment. [STRIKE]etc[/STRIKE] This provides the vision of what it would be like in the financial industry. I also studied Law as my minor, [STRIKE]which[/STRIKE] which accounted for [STRIKE]takes up[/STRIKE] about 25% of my bachelor degree.

Besides my regular economics study, I participate in many kinds of symposiums, seminars, and open lectures at [STRIKE]school[/STRIKE] university, in the areas of natural science, social science, humanity, language, [STRIKE]etc[/STRIKE] and more. I [STRIKE]did[/STRIKE] do this purely for [STRIKE]fun[/STRIKE] my own personal development. [STRIKE]Some[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]certifications[/STRIKE] Certificates obtained from attending those events can be found in my [STRIKE]CVs[/STRIKE] CV.

In my [STRIKE]4[SUP]th[/SUP][/STRIKE] fourth year, I spent [STRIKE]2 [/STRIKE] two months working [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] at a travel agency in Amsterdam, dealing with customers. [STRIKE]The business mode was like any other[/STRIKE] It was a standard travel agency, renting villas, arranging trips, etc. My function was to provide assistance on the construction of their website, as well as [STRIKE]on the[/STRIKE]customer service. For the [STRIKE]2[SUP]nd[/SUP][/STRIKE] second month of the internship, I was responsible for [STRIKE]giving assistance to[/STRIKE] assisting my boss when he expanded his business in the Chinese market. [STRIKE]It is basically a concept of[/STRIKE] The basic concept is the “City Card Amsterdam/Rotterdam” where [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] users can enjoy a discounted rate on museum entrance fees/shopping, etc. [STRIKE]when you have a card like this.[/STRIKE] We implemented this idea in China, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] the initial project [STRIKE]we launched was[/STRIKE] being the “City Card Shanghai”. For [STRIKE]me[/STRIKE] my part, [STRIKE]I put[/STRIKE] 60% of my [STRIKE]effort[/STRIKE] time was spent on [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] communication/translation, and the [STRIKE]rest[/STRIKE] remaining 40% [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] actual decision-making on the project.

My previous experience shows that I am highly motivated with [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] strong investment banking technical knowledge, and outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. In addition, I enjoy working with a diverse group of people, both [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] clients and co-workers. [STRIKE]All I need[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]or my future career is[/STRIKE] Some real-life experience in the field of investment management will benefit my future career prospects greatly, and this position in MCF [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] will really help me to achieve my career goal.

[STRIKE]I’d[/STRIKE] I would welcome the [STRIKE]chance[/STRIKE] opportunity to meet you to discuss how my education, experience and skills would be beneficial [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to the MCF. You can [STRIKE]reach[/STRIKE] contact me [STRIKE]via[/STRIKE] by e-mail or telephone. Thank you for your time and consideration.

[STRIKE]incerely[/STRIKE] Yours faithfully

He Huang

Please see my suggested amendments above in red.

gongyulan1111

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Netherlands
Thank you very much! It helps a lot. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.