• Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ...better off within it ?

Could you please tell me what this sentence means "you are better off within it anyway"?

The full sentence was replied to me by a friend in a forum I joined, I asked for the experience to use laptop adapter, and one of his sentences is "If it gets hot then you are better off within it anyway" , I guess that is something related to switching the adapter off but I'm not sure (especially about the word 'within' in the sentence).

Thank you!

HanibalII is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ...better off within it ?

Quote Originally Posted by crazYgeeK View Post
    Could you please tell me what this sentence means "you are better off within it anyway"?

The full sentence was replied to me by a friend in a forum I joined, I asked for the experience to use laptop adapter, and one of his sentences is "If it gets hot then you are better off within it anyway" , I guess that is something related to switching the adapter off but I'm not sure (especially about the word 'within' in the sentence).

Thank you!
    He's used the wrong word. It should read 'without'.
    I'm not a teacher yet, but I am studying a Bachelor of Education with an English Literature major at Charles Sturt University, in NSW, Australia.