• Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Serbia
      • Current Location:
      • Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Post My ideal home/house

Like each girl so I had a lot of dreams about my future, my husband, my children and also my family house. First, when I was nine my ideal house was an enormous mansion like Scarlett O’Hara’s in the Gone with the Wind, after that a luxurious chateau, then a beach cottage and so on. It changes from year to year depending on my style. But I think my current taste will not change a lot.
    First of all, the relaxed environment is really important for me and because of that I would like to live in a quiet place near a woods or a river, far from a city’s noise on the countryside, maybe in England. I think a large house isn’t as important as homely area and a nice country. I would like a huge garden with stone walkway surrounded by flowering plants, a small lake and a terrace - with wooden furniture, with bean bags, a hammock and a Jacuzzi- where I can meditate, read and drink a coffee on the sunny afternoons.
    The interior would be also comfortable, not big and the design should be a mixture of antic, bohemian and Moroccan style. The rooms will be furnished by wooden things; the walls would be painted in pastel and light colours and covered by India and Africa inspired pictures and photos of my family and friends. The floors will be made from hardwood. I would like many windows overlooking a valley or a river. I love art so I think my rooms will be cluttered with everything from antic decorations, modern pictures, sculpts and Buddha statues to candles, lanterns and incense sticks.
    In the living room there should be a stone fireplace and in front of that a rug, a huge sofa and armchairs. I don’t have any special expectations for other rooms, but my biggest dream is a home library where a great many classic English and Hungarian literature books, lexicons and encyclopaedias filled up the shelves. The library will be also the study room, so there would be a massive mahogany desk where I could work, study or read.
    It is possible that all these just a daydream, but I think when I have chance to realize that imaginary world, I will do it.

I would be grateful if somebody would correct my essay :)
    Last edited by Rita Rácz; 09-Mar-2013 at 12:28.