Does the sentence mean "when you cross over your comfort zone, your true life starts"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewHopeR

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Does the sentence mean "when you cross over your comfort zone, your true life starts"

?

comfortzone.jpg

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Re: Does the sentence mean "when you cross over your comfort zone, your true life sta

You cannot cross over your comfort zone. You can stay within it, or you can leave it or get out of it.

Your question needs clarification. Did you leave out an initial What?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Re: Does the sentence mean "when you cross over your comfort zone, your true life sta

It's a bad sentence, but I guess the idea is that you have to move outside your comfort zone to really live- if you stay inside it, you will restrict your experiences.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

I don't find it a bad sentence. I agree with Tdol's guess though - if you stay within your comfort zone, you're not really living. If you have the nerve/bravery/courage to move out of your comfort zone, you can really begin to live.

It's similar to "Life begins at forty" although of course everyone hits forty years of age whether they like it or not. Moving out of your comfort zone is a choice.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic

It's similar to "Life begins at forty".
That is sooo old-fashioned.

Life, my dear, begins at sixty-seven, - in seven and a quarter hours' time. Take cover!

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan

Many happy returns :new-bday: (it's already tomorrow here)

Status
Not open for further replies.