Interested in Language
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
Australia
Dear sir,

I read this sentence in the grammar book ' I can't imagine Peter going by bike'.
So I try to make other sentences such as ' I can't imagine him going by bike' and transform to ' I can't imagine me going by bike'.

Are these sentences are correct? I induced the Peter as an objective so changed to him and
me.
I am waiting for your kind answer.

Thank you.
David Lee.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Dear sir,

I read this sentence in the grammar book ' I can't imagine Peter going by bike'.
So I try to make other sentences such as ' I can't imagine him going by bike' and transform to ' I can't imagine me going by bike'.

Are these sentences are correct? I induced the Peter as an objective so changed to him and
me.

Thank you.
David Lee.
For "me", it is "I can't imagine going by bike" (if this makes sense in context) or "I can't imagine myself going by bike."

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]Dear sir,[/STRIKE] (Unnecessary, overly formal and inappropriate to only address your posts to men.)

I read this sentence in the grammar book 'I can't imagine Peter going by bike'.
So I [STRIKE]try[/STRIKE] tried to make other sentences such as 'I can't imagine him going by bike' and transform to 'I can't imagine me going by bike'.

Are these sentences [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] correct? I induced(?) [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] Peter as an objective so changed to him and
me.

Thank you.
David Lee.

Welcome to the forum. Please see my amendments to your post above. I agree with the previous poster that "I can't imagine going by bike" would be the most natural, but "I can't imagine myself going by bike" would be understood.

halleyllee

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
Australia
Thank you for your reply.
Now I got a clear idea of the sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.