Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Hi
please can you correct my writing?

I am bold and confiident. My family are sure about that. For example , I like to stand up on stage. So, when I was a child in nine-year old , I was standing up on stage to offers , chants and play. On day ago , I play as an old woman and attendants/community clap to me and said "woow,it's amazing". I was so happy because my mother watch me. I'm also a student. I am proud of my family. I think Audacity/confidence is important to achieve success.

:up::up::-D

Last edited:

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: Condifent

:hi: You may be bold and confident, but you'll find that people are more inclined to answer when you've taken a little care with your posts. You know that 'condifent' is wrong; you know that 'standing up ob stage' is wrong. You know that 'pored' is wrong. If you try again, and we can see that any mistake is something we need to spend time on, I'm sure someone will help - and maybe you won't have to wait 11 hours! (Incidentally you need to put a space after each fullstop and comma.) ;-)

b

Last edited:

Laza18

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
:hi: You may be bold and confident, but you'll find that people are more inclined to answer when you've taken a little care with your posts. You know that 'condifent' is wrong; you know that 'standing up ob stage' is wrong. You know that 'pored' is wrong. If you try again, and we can see that any mistake is something we need to spend time on, I'm sure someone will help - and maybe you won't have to wait 11 hours! (Incidentally you need to put a space after each fullstop and comma.) ;-)

b
Thank you so much , i'm so sorry for that. I didn't noticed that and I edite now because I write the post by iPad :-(I hope that is correct .

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
:up: Thank you.
Hi
I am bold and confiident. My family are sure about that. For example , I like to stand up on stage. So, when I was a [STRIKE]child in[/STRIKE] nine-year old , I was standing up on stage to offers , chants and play. One day ago , I play(tense?) as an old woman and attendants/community clap to me and said "woow,it's amazing". I was so happy because my mother watch(tense?) me. I'm also a student. I am proud of my family. I think [STRIKE]A[/STRIKE]audacity/confidence is important to achieve success.

The parts marked in orange are unusual choices of words. Red ones are just wrong.

Unnatural
'My family are sure about that' - I think I know what you mean - People in my family have no doiubt about that
'stand up on stage' - you just 'are on stage' or 'go on stage'. You could say 'I like being on stage' or 'I like being in the limelight' (a metaphor that refers to a sort of spotlight that burned calcium). The technology is no longer used, but the metaphor is.
'offers , chants and play' :-? I've no idea what an 'offer' is; maybe a recital (music) or recitation (monologue)...?; chants = songs or singing; 'play', as an activity, is what a child does in a sandpit!
it's amazing - admirers would say 'that was amazing'

b

Last edited:

Laza18

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
My family are sure about that' - I think I know what you mean - People in my family have no doiubt about that
Yes,I meant that

stand up on stage' - you just 'are on stage' or 'go on stage'. You could say 'I like being on stage' or 'I like being in the limelight' (a metaphor that refers to a sort of spotlight that burned calcium). The technology is no longer used, but the metaphor is​
'
Stand up incorrect? Only the verb use in order?

offers , chants and play' I've no idea what an 'offer' is; maybe a recital (music) or recitation (monologue)...?

Yes, but not exactly like that.

;
chants = songs or singing;
yes

'play', as an activity, is what a child does in a sandpit

No no, I mean 'Theatrical representation'

it's amazing - admirers would say 'that was amazing
Yes, thanks

I am bold and confiident. My family are sure about that. For example , I like to stand up on stage. So, when I was a child in nine-year old , I was on stage to offers , chants and play. One day ago , I play(ed?)as an old woman and attendants/community clap (clapped?) to me and said "that was amazing". I was so happy because my mother watch (ed?) me. I'm also a student. I am proud of my family. I think Aaudacity/confidence is important to achieve success.

What is it wrong with clap? It is wrong with tense.. What?

[LINK REMOVED]

I hope you understand me

I think I need to study hard to write very good. How can I improve my writing?

Thank you so much

Last edited by a moderator:

Laza18

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
My family are sure about that' - I think I know what you mean - People in my family have no doiubt about that
Yes,I meant that

stand up on stage' - you just 'are on stage' or 'go on stage'. You could say 'I like being on stage' or 'I like being in the limelight' (a metaphor that refers to a sort of spotlight that burned calcium). The technology is no longer used, but the metaphor is.
'
Stand up incorrect? Does the verb use in order?

offers , chants and play' I've no idea what an 'offer' is; maybe a recital (music) or recitation (monologue)...?

Yes, but not exactly like that.

; chants = songs or singing; yes

'play', as an activity, is what a child does in a sandpit
No no, I mean 'Theatrical representation'

it's amazing - admirers would say 'that was amazing
Yes, thanks

I am bold and confiident. My family are sure about that. For example , I like to stand up on stage. So, when I was a child in nine-year old , I was standing up on stage to offers , chants and play. One day ago , I play(ed?)as an old woman and attendants/community clap (clapped?) to me and said "woow,it's amazing". I was so happy because my mother watch (ed?) me. I'm also a student. I am proud of my family. I think Aaudacity/confidence is important to achieve success.

What is it wrong with clap? It is wrong with tense.. What?

[LINK REMOVED]

I hope you understand me

I think I need to study hard to write very good. How can I improve my writing?

Thank you so much

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.