Topic

002: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

My essay

Education is the most important thing in our lives. Parents are our first teachers. From the earliest childhood they teach us how to speak , how to walk and other things. I think parents should be regarded as the best teachers for several reasons.

To begin with, I would like to say , that nobody,except our parents, will ever teach us some basic skills. In schools, our teachers only tell us how to do something that we have already learned at home. For example, in literature classes we learn how to read faster, but in almost all cases we learn how to read at home, so in general, teachers just shape our skills. Moreover, parents can teach us how to behave in some difficult situations. That is very important because a teacher will never do it because teaching pupils how to deal with some situations is not planned in school program.

Also, a lot of parents have so called life experience, so they can help their children overcome some difficulties because they have already faced them and they know how to solve those problems. However, some people think, that parents can't teach their children mainly because they don't have a special education.And because of that , people suppose that children should only study at school. I can't share their point of view because I think that parents don't even need a special teaching education in order to teach their children. Parents can teach their children some general skills without a special education.

In conclusion, I would like to say, that school teachers play an important role in everybody's life, but still, our parents are the best teachers because parents teach us some knowledge that later school teachers will just develop.