[Grammar] Is there someone who can help me with my English letter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucy69

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Netherlands
I'm Dutch, and wrote a letter in English. Now this has to be perfect English with all the dots and comma's in place. So is there someone who can please check it for me?
-------------------------------------------------
After reading the vacancy for (job name) I knew; this is the job for me. I will explain why.

In my position as (previous job) on agency side I was responsible for the implementation of various marketing and communication projects, from concept briefing to execution. In the course of this I maintained oversight and control of these projects, plan and troubleshoot possible upcoming issues along the way.

As a result of working for high demanding clients such as Heineken and Albert Heijn, I am well experienced in the monitoring of deadlines, budgets and deliver quality in a consistent manner, with the team.

The position as offered by (company name) very much appeals to me because (company name) stands for a wide variety of products in its assortment. For me, (company name) stands for a versatile and accessible brand. Progressive on a national and international level, making it even more attractive for me to become part of the (company name) organization.

It is my goal to continue to learn and develop myself further in the FMCG, Fashion and Retail industry. Therefore I would like to make the move to client side. This is a perfect time for me and a step up in my career that I am looking for.

I am a hard worker, teamplayer and goal driven with a keen eye for creatives and their abilities and qualities. Finding the perfect candidate for a specific role is a challenge to me which I do with much pleasure, enthusiasm and dedication.
Being always a step ahead of the projects and finding the perfect co-operation and balance with the other departments comes naturally to me. With my professional background, I anticipate to be a good reinforcement for the team and will implement the function of (job name) to full satisfaction.

My resume contains additional details regarding my career and accomplishments.
I would welcome the opportunity for a personal interview in which we can discuss your organization’s needs and what you can expect from me in fulfilling those needs.

I look forward to your response.
-------------------------------

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I'm Dutch, and wrote a letter in English. Now this has to be perfect English with all the dots and comma's in place. So is there someone who can please check it for me?
-------------------------------------------------
After reading the advertisement or just ad for (job name) I knew this was the job for me. Deleted: I will explain why.

In my position as (previous job) on the agency side I was responsible for the implementation of various marketing and communication projects, from concept briefing to execution. In the course of this I maintained oversight and control of these projects, planning for and troubleshooting potential problems that might occur.

As a result of working for highly demanding clients such as Heineken and Albert Heijn, I am well experienced in the monitoring of deadlines, budgets and always deliver quality in a consistent manner, with the team.

The position as offered by (company name) very much appeals to me because (company name) stands for a wide variety of products deletion. For me, (company name) stands for a versatile and accessible brand, progressive on a national and international level, making it even more attractive for me to become part of the (company name) organization.

It is my goal to continue to learn and develop myself further in the FMCG, Fashion and Retail industry. Therefore I would like to make the move to client side. This is a perfect time for me and a step up in my career that I am looking for.

I am a hard worker, a team player and goal driven with a keen eye for creative people and their abilities and qualities. Finding the perfect candidate for a specific role is a challenge to me which I do with much pleasure, enthusiasm and dedication.
Being always a step ahead of the projects and finding the perfect co-operation and balance with the other departments comes naturally to me. With my professional background, I expect to be a good reinforcement for the team and will implement the function of (job name) to full satisfaction.

My resume contains additional details regarding my career and accomplishments.
I would welcome the opportunity for a personal interview in which we can discuss your organization’s needs and what you can expect from me in fulfilling those needs.

I look forward to your response.
-------------------------------

Thanks in advance

Lucy69

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Netherlands
Hello Probus,

Thanks a lot. This really helps. If I can ever do something for you please let me know. Thanks, thanks, thanks so much....

Kind Regards,
Lucy

Lucy69

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Netherlands
Because I did not find the job via an ad (I looked on there website). So does anyone thinks I can get away with the following sentence:

"After reading the position for (job name) on the company website, I knew this was the job for me"

I only wonder if in this sentences there should be a comma or not.

"This is a perfect time for me, and a step up in my career that I am looking for" and in this sentence "Planning the perfect candidate for a specific project is a challenge to me, which I do with much pleasure, enthusiasm and dedication.

Thanks again.
Lucy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.