Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Brazilian Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
Hi, everybody. What do you call a woman who likes to kiss many men (any kind of men) or spend time with them - it doesn't matter if they are rich or not, handsome or ugly, but she just likes to have many partners for pleasure?

A woman which switches her sexual partner very often. She easily gets together with men who are in a committed relationship, for example.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi everybody. [STRIKE]How[/STRIKE] What do you call a woman who likes to kiss many men (any [STRIKE]kinds[/STRIKE] kind of men) or spend time with them [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] - it doesn't matter if they are rich or not, handsome or ugly, but [STRIKE]only[/STRIKE] she just likes to have many partners for pleasure?

Welcome to the forum.

In BrE, I don't think we have a word for someone who simply kisses lots of people (whether it's men or women). Your use of the word "partners" suggests a sexual relationship.

A woman who has sex with many different men might be termed a tart, slag, or slut. There are various other terms but all are vulgar and/or slang.

There isn't a word for a woman who simply likes to spend time with lots of different men.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Brazilian Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
Thanks emsr2d2 and SoothingDave, but tart, slag or slut is very offensive. Is there another word less offensive? Because I said: a woman who has many partners, not always for sex, but she likes not to be involved emottionally or not to have a long relationship. She likes for example: casual pickups. She doesn't care about money. She's mad about men!!!

Promiscuous is a general idea.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"Promiscuous" still suggests a sexual relationship, however brief. Are you still looking for a word for someone who simply kisses lots of people?

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Leaving aside the question of language, I, personally, find this sort of discussion distasteful.

It seems to be OK for males to snog/scr** females to our heart's content but, if a female dares to enjoy physical contact with a male, we have to find a word, generally negative, we can label her with.

ps: I am not a hypersensitive female - I am 100% male. It just happens that I don't hypocritically feel that our male urges are different from / better than female urges,

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
My follow-up question was going to be to ask the OP why they weren't interested in words for promiscuous men. I don't find either topic distasteful (personal opinion) but I agree that some equality needs to be shown if we are going to discuss such things.

non_e_giusto

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Netherlands
I woman I'd like to meet. That's what I'd call that. Especially if she is Brasileira. Enjoy your linguistic discussion guys ;)

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Brazilian Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
"Promiscuous" still suggests a sexual relationship, however brief. Are you still looking for a word for someone who simply kisses lots of people?

Not someone...Just women....

For example, womanizer refers a man who has sexual relationships with many different women. All right?

But, what do you call a woman who does the same thing? A woman which switches her partners very often? A woman who flirts everybody?

konungursvia

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
These answers seem rather sexist from my point of view. Maybe such a woman can be called a libertine.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Thanks emsr2d2 and SoothingDave, but tart, slag or slut is very offensive. Is there another word less offensive? Because I said: a woman who has many partners, not always for sex, but she likes not to be involved emottionally or not to have a long relationship. She likes for example: casual pickups. She doesn't care about money. She's mad about men!!!

Promiscuous is a general idea.
There's no context-independent word for this. She might be a nymphomanic; she might be a slut; she might be a woman with an active sex life. What impression do you want to give? Why do you want to describe her by her sexuality? Who are you trying to convince, and for what reason? All these things are relevant when choosing a potentially offensive word like this.

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
For lack of a word, we often resort historical/literary allusions.
A man can be a gigolo, a [bit of a] Don Juan/Casanova/Lothario

No women of this sort spring to... oh yes, Moll Flanders, Nell Gwynne, Jezebel... there are loads ;-)

b

Last edited:

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Oh, and the question is 'What do you call this kind of woman?' Or 'How do you refer to this sort of woman'.

b

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Brazilian Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
Ok, I will explain again.

In Portuguese we have a word for this. These kind of women is known as "Piriguete". A woman who is between a gold-digger (they are attractive to get men but not for money or gifts) and slut, tart (they have many partners, but it doesn't mean they want sex). These women are attractive (not always, could be ugly women) and they use sexy shorts. Piriguete is a offensive word (not too offensive like "tramp", "slut", "whore"), but these women call each other to "piriguete" and there is no problem.

Some pictures of them:

http://www.meionorte.com/imagens/20...uete-quote617055890d811220416cd739faf7493.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-t03wcEwZM...o0gM_c/s1600/piriguete-isis-valverde33804.jpg

http://itaberabafm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/piriguete.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.