• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Telugu
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I have to write a Statement of Purpose in 150 words. Please help me with my essay

When I was in high school, I found out that I solved physics and mathematics problems better than most of the students. It was then I decided to study an engineering subject which is more related to Physics and Mathematics. I qualified IIT JEE and my rank was 4348. I want to choose the best college and subject in the college which includes my interests. Petroleum engineering in Indian School of Mines was the best subject for my rank and also it suits my interests.

While I was in my undergraduate college I was very interested in reservoir engineering, mainly, reservoir simulation and finding out reservoir characteristics. In college I gained the theoretical knowledge but, there was very little scope for research in practical aspects. Now, I want to continue my studies in Graduate school through which I can gain practical knowledge use it effectively in Oil and gas sector.

I did not proceed directly to graduate studies after graduating because I wanted to make sure that I had chosen the right subject and the right place before embarking on any course of study.
    Last edited by vamshik; 15-Apr-2013 at 05:11.