[Grammar] Can someone correct my essay below, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrislinperry

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
UK
Dear Sir or Madam,

I have a restaurant called ‘Sunshine Restaurant’ and I registered my company with the name at Companies House. I have been doing business in the local area for 5 years. My reputation is growing day after day and I have many royal clients. But someone opened a restaurant called ‘New Sunshine Restaurant’ in the area and he poached some of my employees. Thus I had an argument with the owner of the restaurant regarding the issue and we had a couple of conflicts recently. The competitor’s company name is similar to mine and even worse is that his company name implies enhancement and exceeding. He passes shoddy food off as identical standard and traditional Chinese food with mine. The owner of the restaurant is not from China at all, so dishes from his restaurant are abuse of traditional Chinese food.
I would like to get your advice about how to stop the competitor continuing using the name. I am informed that a judge can make a decision for using similar or identical company names, but I am not sure how much the trial will cost me. How can I start the case? Whether can the judge impose a temporary order in order to restrict disruption to my business. What kind of jurisdiction does a judge have over determination of claim or legal costs? I don’t have my own registered trademark. I’m worried that the owner has registered the name. Under such a circumstance, it seems I am in breach of the law. Will this affect me differently?

yours sincerely,

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Can you explain to us what this has to do with the English language? It strikes me that you need to consult a lawyer, not an English language forum.

chrislinperry

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
UK
Sorry. I didn't explain in the first place. I'm learning interpretation by myself, this is one of articles which I'm practising translation. But I'm not very confident with it, especially grammer, so I come here to ask help. Is that ok? :oops:

chrislinperry

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
UK
also, i see the others sending their articles to ask for correction, that is why i did.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Also, I see [strike]the[/strike] others sending their articles to ask for correction, that is why I did.

That's fine as long as you're not asking for help with homework or assignments. If you are learning English and learning how to do translation on your own, then we can help but only so far. We obviously won't be able to tell you whether what you've written is a good translation from the original language.

I will take a look at your piece a little later.

chrislinperry

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
UK
Hi emsr2d2,

thank you for correcting my last post.
Also, thank you in advance for looking at my piece later.
I'm waiting. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.