Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
I'm practising my English for a writing test I'm going to have in two weeks. Could you please correct the following letters?

• An e-mail to an old friend:
Dear Daniel,
I didn't hear from you for ages! How are you? I hope you are well. How are your parents? And your little brother? Has he changed a lot since the last time I saw him?
I can't believe the time runs so quickly. I last saw you three years ago! My life's changed since then. First of all, I passed the middle school exams and I got 10/10. Now I'm studying in the second grade of the applied sciences program in G.B. Quadri High School. That's not that easy - I have to study a lot to get good marks. I often meet my friends Alex and George and we study together so that we can help each other. In the future I'd like to study Medicine in the University. I want to be a surgeon, no matter how difficult it may be. As regards my personal life... Well, I've recently met a beautiful and nice guy and we sometimes go out together. His name is Nick and he's 17 years old. He invited me to his birthday party this Sunday!
And how about you? Are you still going out with Kate? I remember your mother didn't like her much. Write to me soon, I'm curious to know about you!
Take care!
Olga S.

• Describing studying abroad to a friend:
Dear Daniel,
How are you? I hope you are well.
I came to Ottawa a month ago to study Medicine at University here. I'm staying in a flat with a friend whose name is Gilli and she's from Italy too. She studies law. Studying here is not easy. I study in the morning and then I work as a waitress in a little café. Ottawa is a very big and beautiful city. In my free time I go sightseeing with some friends or I just relax - studying in University is such exhausting. It's much harder than in the High school. The amount of material to memorize is overwhelming. But I think I can do it. I must.
I've attached some photos so that you can see my new friends and the city. We could also meet on Skype.
Write to me soon, I'm looking forward to hear from you.
Olga S.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Are you going to use these letters in the writing test?

Status
Not open for further replies.