Re: from a different window
Putting two exclamation marks in brackets after a sentence with one perfectly acceptable exclamation mark is even stranger (and if anything, more incorrect) than putting three exclamation marks straight after the sentence.
And yes, we are strict. What you have to remember is that there are a lot of learners on this site and they read many posts. It is very important that as many posts as possible contain correct capitalisation, punctuation, spelling and grammar. So please remember the following rules of written English:
- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single appropriate punctuation mark (full stop, comma, question mark, exclamation mark).
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Do not put a space before a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
Remember - correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing make posts much easier to read.