English
Home Country
Great Britain
Current Location
Great Britain
Hi All,

We have released a Pronunciation/Translation App for beta testing here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=saypu.com&hl=en

The App enables you to convert text written in foreign languages into SaypU spelling, whether the foreign language uses non-Roman characters (e.g. Arabic word ‘كلمة’ would be ‘kalima’) or Roman script (e.g. French word ‘chat’, which means ‘cat’ in English, becomes ‘sha’ in SaypU).

In addition, you can convert English text spelled phonetically into the traditional spelling (e.g. ‘frend’ --> ‘friend’).

Also, you can use the EngSMS language to convert English words into shortcuts (‘good’ --> ‘gd’) or to convert shortcuts into English words (‘gd’ --> ‘good’)

It is very easy to learn the SaypU alphabet using examples from popular English words (e.g. ‘very’ --> ‘veri’), by clicking on Menu, then Alphabet.

If you could test on various devices and forward any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I feel I must point out something a little bizarre about the name of your app (or the name of the spelling system it contains), especially given that the app is about pronunciation.

"SaypU", regardless of where the capital letters appear, reads (to me) as "Say Poo". I'm fairly childish so it just makes me titter. However, some people might have a somewhat less puerile sense of humour and be rather more perturbed by the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.