- For Teachers
"Home brewing in steel drums continues to this day, genetic susceptibility to Bantu disease, such as mutations of ferroportin has been proposed in these populations."
1. What does "Home brewing in steel drums continues to this day" mean? Please also tell about its tense.
2. Why is plural form of "continue" used here?
3. What does "propose" mean here?
Last edited by shibli.aftab; 26-Apr-2013 at 03:24.
1. Do you know what "home brewing" is?
2. How do we conjugate verbs when the subject is third person singular?
3. Propose | Define Propose at Dictionary.com Definition 1
What does "Home brewing in steel drums continues to this day" mean?
I know home brewing but i cant understand the sentence as a whole.Please explain.
Does that mean,
"Home brewing in steel drums is continuous to this day"?Any difference?
Last edited by shibli.aftab; 26-Apr-2013 at 03:41.
Note that if something is continuous, it occurs without ever stopping. We don't know this about home brewing in steel drums. Maybe they only do it once a year, which means that it still continues, but it's not continuous.