[General] I need to write a letter to school for my school certificate.

• Thread starter Elena22
  • Start date
  • Views : 43,362
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Elena22

I need a school certificate in a form of paper,
which proves that I have graduated grade 10 from this particular school.
I need this sort of certificate but the school said that they can provide the
one that is like a report card.
But what I need is a 'certificate' which has mentioned just the fact that
I have been in the school, and have graduated grade 10 in this particular school.
Teacher said that I have to write a request letter to get it,
and if I do, school will consider providing it.
I have my friend's which is similar to the format of what I want,
so I'll just copy the general format of how it is written below.

"This is to certify that the above-mentioned person successfully graduated class 10 in
this particular school from 2012..."

If there is any Grammar mistake in above sentence, please amend it for me.
And now, I have to write a letter that I want my certificate to start with the sentence
like this... And... I have no idea...
Could you please help me out?
Do I start with 'Respected Sir...' ?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I need a school certificate in the form of a paper (no comma required) which proves that I [strike]have[/strike] graduatedgrade 10 from this particular school. I need this sort of certificate but the school said that they can only provide the one that is like a report card.
But what I need is a 'certificate' which [strike]has mentioned[/strike] mentions [strike]just[/strike] the fact that I [strike]have been in[/strike] attended the school, and [strike]have[/strike] that I graduated grade 10 in this particular school.

The t
eacher said that I have to write a [strike]request[/strike] letter to [strike]get[/strike] request it (no comma required) and, if I do, the school will consider providing it.

I have my friend's which is similar to the format [strike]of what[/strike] I want, so I'll just copy the general format of how it is written below.

"This is to certify that the above-mentioned person successfully graduated class 10 in this particular school [strike]from[/strike] in [month] 2012..."

If there [strike]is[/strike] are any grammar mistakes in the above sentences, please amend it for me.

And now (no comma required) I have to write a letter explaining that I want my certificate to start with the sentence [strike]like this[/strike] I quoted [strike]And[/strike] but (no ellipsis required) I have no idea (no ellipsis required) how to write it.
Could you please help me out?

Do I start with 'Respected Sir...' ?

Local custom will dictate how you start your letter. In the UK, we would not start a letter with "Respected Sir". We start with "Dear Sir", "Dear Madam", "Dear Sir/Madam" or "Dear Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms + Surname".

You know by now that we don't do your work for you. If you try to write the letter yourself and post it here, then we will comment on it. Please see my amendments in red to your post.

E

Elena22

Dear sir,

This is Elena Reyes a student of this school.
I would like to request you for a certificate
which proves that I have finished grade 10 in this school.
It is required for my further study, so please provide
it to me as soon as possible.
I would like my certificate to be mentioned the
fact that I have attended grade 10 one year fully along with my
friends, and that I have graduated grade 10 from this school.
Since you are not familiar to this sort of certificates,
I attach a similar certificate of my friend.
Please refer to it and consider my request.

Thank You
Elena Reyes.

How about this?
Do you think I should mention what year I attended the class?
Is 'Please provide it to me...' better than 'I'd be happy if you provide it...'?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Dear Sir,

[STRIKE]This[/STRIKE] My name is Elena Reyes and I [STRIKE]a student of[/STRIKE] attended [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] your school from [month + year] until [month + year].

I [STRIKE]would like[/STRIKE] am writing to request [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] a certificate [STRIKE]which proves[/STRIKE] confirming that I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] finished grade 10 [STRIKE]in this[/STRIKE] at the school.

[STRIKE]It[/STRIKE] The certificate is required [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] by my institute of further [STRIKE]study[/STRIKE] education, so please provide it to me as soon as possible.

[STRIKE]I would like my certificate to be mentioned the fact that I have attended grade 10 one year fully along with my friends, and that I have graduated grade 10 from this school.[/STRIKE] Unnecessary. You said this in paragraph 2, and there is no point asking them to confirm that you attended the school with a group of your friends!

[STRIKE]Since[/STRIKE] In case you are not familiar [strike]to[/strike] with this sort of [STRIKE]certificates[/STRIKE] certificate, I attach a similar certificate [STRIKE]of my friend[/STRIKE] which was obtained by one of my friends.

[STRIKE]Please refer to it and consider my request.[/STRIKE] Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you.

[STRIKE]Thank You[/STRIKE] Yours faithfully

Elena Reyes.

How about this?
Do you think I should mention what year I attended the class? Yes
Is 'Please provide it to me...' better than 'I'd be happy if you provide it...'? Yes

See above for my suggested amendments.

E

Elena22

Thank you!
But is it awkward if I say 'I have finished grade 10'?
Does it have to be 'I finished grade 10'?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Yes, it does.

E

Elena22

Yeah, but I don't understand why... Could you please explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.