Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Poland
I'm new to teaching English to children. i try make my lessons interactive and fun as possible to keep the kids engaged. I'm currently teaching 6-8 year old group and I want to learn more about language games or activities that would introduce or enrich the kids vocabulary and grammar skills.
any useful websites or tips would be of great help.

bodogeri

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Hungary
Current Location
Hungary
Since your current location is Poland, I suppose these are non-native speakers and so we are talking about second language acquisition. As I paid close attention to my brother's advancement in English, what I can say is that songs, rhymes and things that can be associated with music were extremely helpful. For the first time, my brother did not even know that he was learning. He simply found delight in singing the songs, but he did learn plenty of words.
These things are inevitably good for beginner youngsters.

english963

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Serbia
Current Location
Serbia
Hello,

I like to use flashcards when working with children, because they enjoy visual stuff. However, it needs a lot of repetition, so you have to be patient. Here's the link for some useful flashcards: Kids Pages - Flashcards

You should also bring some pictures / posters to the class and ask them to name as many things as they can. For example if you have learned school vocabulary, you should bring a picture / poster of a classroom and the children should name all of the things they know.

If you have any further questions about this topic, feel free to ask me, I have a lot experience in teaching children.
Bye :)

Status
Not open for further replies.