Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hi, I'd like to send a letter to two friends of mine. Could any nativespeaker please correct it? Thanks a lot.
Rip

Dear C. and J.,
how are you? we are all fine. Sam had some problems at the beginning of her pregnancy, but now she is well and the baby is ok, too. Rita, Elisa and Davide are also fine.
Sam and I are looking for a house to buy but it's not an easy task because prices are very high.
We are looking forward to having our baby. We still don't know if it's a girl or a boy. Next Monday Sam is undergoing an ultrasound test and we may find out the baby gender and we 'll start thinking about the name. We have really no preference, anyway. We are so happy! God has answered our prayers!
Sam will deliver towards the end of September. We'll let you know.
At the moment I'm still living at my mother's flat, so my address is..........

Love.:)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi, I'd like to send a letter to two friends of mine. Could any native speaker please correct it? Thanks a lot.
Rip

Dear C. and J.,

How are you? We are all fine. Sam had some problems at the beginning of her pregnancy, but now she is well and the baby is OK (no comma required) too. Rita, Elisa and Davide are also fine.

Sam and I are looking for a house to buy but it's not [strike]an[/strike] easy [strike]task[/strike] because prices are very high.

We are looking forward to having our baby. We still don't know if it's a girl or a boy. Next Monday Sam is undergoing an ultrasound test and we may find out the baby's gender and we'll start thinking about the name. We really have [strike]really[/strike] no preference (no comma required) anyway. We are so happy! God has answered our prayers!

[strike]Sam will deliver[/strike] The baby is due towards the end of September. We'll let you know.

See my suggested amendments and comments above, in red and grey.

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi, I'd like to send a letter to two friends of mine. Could any nativespeaker please correct it? Thanks a lot.
Rip

Dear C. and J.,
how are you? we are all fine. Sam had some problems at the beginning of her pregnancy, but now she is well and the baby is ok, too. Rita, Elisa and Davide are also fine.
Sam and I are looking for a house to buy but it's not an easy task because prices are very high.
We are looking forward to having our baby. We still don't know if it's a girl or a boy. Next Monday Sam is undergoing an ultrasound test and we may find out the baby gender and we 'll start thinking about the name. We have really no preference, anyway. We are so happy! God has answered our prayers!
Sam will deliver towards the end of September. We'll let you know.

1. Start every sentence with a capital - How, not how
2. It's OK, not ok
3. It's baby's gender, not baby gender
4. It's we'll, not we 'll
5. You write that you are living with your mother. Where does Sam live?

ripley

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy

ripley

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Thanks a lot

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Two things, ripley:

1. Please note that you can edit your posts to add something a minute later by using the Edit Post feature.

2. A click on the Like button is better than a separate post which just says 'Thanks a lot'.

Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.