• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Please Help.. I need help to revise a paragraph for my report..

Henoch Schonlein Purpura (HSP) is a systemic vasculitis of childhood with a reported occurrence of 1020 cases per 100,000 children per year. HSP can present at any age, but is most common in children under five. Usually the prognosis is good, with the exception of those with significant renal involvement.

The primary aim of HSP follow up is distinguishing persistent renal inflammation, which undiagnosed, could develop to permanent renal damage. Due to the asymptomatic nature of HSP associated nephritis, unlike all other associated complications, most centers provide a program or a sequence of regular urine and blood pressure monitoring for up to 12 months.

billmcd is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please Help.. I need help to revise a paragraph for my report..

Quote Originally Posted by Ellenej View Post

Henoch Schonlein Purpura (HSP) is a systemic vasculitis of childhood with a reported occurrence of 1020 cases per 100,000 children per year. HSP can present occur at any age, but is most common in children under five years. Usually the prognosis is good, with the exception of those with significant renal involvement.

The primary aim of HSP follow up is distinguishing (As certainly one not familiar with the condition, I think I would use "identifying". Use of "distinguishing" would indicate to me that you were going to present some other condition compared to HSP) persistent renal inflammation, which undiagnosed, could developinto permanent renal damage. Due to the asymptomatic nature of HSP-associatednephritis, unlike all other associated complications, most centers provide a program or a sequence of regular urine and blood pressure monitoring for up to 12 months.

Suggestions.