Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    86
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default how to use them?

    question 1
    :( 1. what 's the difference between them ?
    2. what are the differences between them?
    which one is correct?
    Is "difference" countable or uncountable ?

    :( question 2
    any differences (or difference ) between them ? see blow.

    1. forget it , forget about it
    2. a little bit , a bit , a bit of , a little ( eg. a little worried, a little bit worried)
    3. what would you like? how would you like?
    4. I'm tired of doing... , I'm sick of doing...

  2. #2
    Red5 is offline Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: how to use them?

    Quote Originally Posted by billy
    1. what 's the difference between them ?
    2. what are the differences between them?
    which one is correct?
    They are both correct.
    Red5
    Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com

  3. #3
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,571
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: how to use them?

    Quote Originally Posted by billy
    question 1
    :( 1. what 's the difference between them ?
    2. what are the differences between them?
    which one is correct?
    Is "difference" countable or uncountable ?
    As Red said, you can say difference or differences.

    Quote Originally Posted by billy
    :( question 2
    any differences (or difference ) between them ? see blow.

    1. forget it , forget about it
    2. a little bit , a bit , a bit of , a little ( eg. a little worried, a little bit worried)
    3. what would you like? how would you like?
    4. I'm tired of doing... , I'm sick of doing...
    Absent context, I would say that in each case they mean the same thing.

    :)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •