CELTA PRE TASK HELP PLEASE PLEASE URGENT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabdi123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
UK
hi there guys, I am just about to apply for the celta course and im finding the pre task abit hard on certain parts, if you guys could help me out please that would be great, Thank you very much the

first one:

We call these labels (e.g. inviting etc.) FUNCTIONS. It is another way of categorising language, this time thinking more about what the language is actually doing. Look at the dialogue below and label the function of each utterance.
A: Hey Bob.
B: Yeah?
C: Give us a hand with this suitcase could you?
D: Sorry but Jenny's waiting for me.
E: OK. Never mind.

This is clearly an informal conversation, between two friends. Write a similar dialogue in the box below with the same number of lines and using the same functions between two people who do NOT know each other.

2) You have a group of adult beginner (i.e. their level of English is low) students. You want to teach them " Would you like . .?” as in “Would you like a cup of coffee?”. What would you do? Think about how you get meaning across; how the students will practise; and how you help those learners with difficulties.

3)Now think of your own experience as a learner of languages at a school or elsewhere. What conclusions would you draw from your experience as regards what makes a good language lesson? Write a minimum of a hundred words in the space provided below. (AND THAT ONE) Thank you guys in advance

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Are these "pre tasks" yours or ours? Someone will review/comment on your answers, and "urgent" is not a recognized term by most/all responders.

fabdi123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
UK
Are these "pre tasks" yours or ours? Someone will review/comment on your answers, and "urgent" is not a recognized term by most/all responders.

Thanks for reply but these are my questions from the college.. and its okay no one is been forced to reply

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
its okay no one is been forced to reply
Welcome to the forum, fabdi. :hi:

It's not a question of being forced to reply. It's just that, although we like to help with language problems when we can, we do not help with homework or test assignments. Your (future) teachers/trainers want to know what you can do, not what we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.