Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Just take a (leaf/leap) of faith and rise to the challenges, you will find everything becomes easier.

Which one sounds natural to natives? I cannot find either of them in a dictionary.

Thanks!

Jason

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
leap of faith
The act or an instance of believing or trusting in something intangible or incapable of being proved.
I don't really see how that 'better' than: "a decision to believe that something is true or will happen although you have no proof".

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
5jj, I think Route21 meant a better dictionary than the OPs, not than yours.

Route21

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Thailand
5jj, I think Route21 meant a better dictionary than the OPs, not than yours.

Many thanks, Raymott - spot on.

On some phones, such as mine, the word "leap" doesn't show up as a link. It's not italicized or underlined. The font colour is barely different from the standard font. You actually have to delicately hover the "S-pen"/stylus over each individual word of a post to determine whether it's a link or not.

I'm trying to follow Rover's request, bearing in mind that many members may have comparatively slow machines/fragile internet connections (the latter including myself) and prefer to be able to read the key points from the link within the post rather than having to load another, external link to understand the response.

I also, deliberately, don't change the name of the link so that it's more obvious that it's a link, on machines like mine.

That having been said, the phone gives unlimited 24 hour access to the internet, is very easily portable, fits in a pocket (handbag for ladies) and is easily rechargeable in the car.

Regards
R21

Status
Not open for further replies.