Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Latvian, Lettish
Home Country
Latvia
Current Location
Latvia
I'm really sorry for my awful english, but I need your help to correct my mistakes and maybe edit my sentences or express my idea in different words.

Dear Sir or Madam:

With this letter, I would like to express my interest in studying at the „University of ...”

My name is Raimonds. I was born in Latvia, the country next to The Baltic Sea. Latvia is really wonderful little country with a bit more than 2.5 millions of citizens and it is fantastic that from 2004 Latvia in the European Union.

I am comprehensively developed person. In soonest few weeks I am going to finish studies in Riga Secondary School Nr.93. I constantly trying to participate in different variety of activities just because I like to work in team or group and spend my free time doing some interesting activities that I am involved in. I usually go on the most various optional classes outside of school, doing some sports and in general I am trying to lead an active lifestyle. I regularly go to the gym to keep myself in good shape and so my immune system is not weakened. At age 12, graduated from the computer courses at 17 graduated waiters – bartender courses so I can find some summer job and part time job while I still study. I love people. I enjoy communicate with them, make different discussions about any topic and help with all I can.

This may sound strange, but wherever I go I always find some new interesting friends and I am very pleased about that. Just because I like to study and communicate with people with different culture, try to learn something more about other religions and nationalities, that’s why I regularly travel a lot with my parents and I have been already to more than ten different countries which we visited by car and most of time we stayed in tent in wild.

From the life I want to get as many as I can and I want to be useful to people and my main goal in life is to get a higher education and competitive profession, so I can work in the chosen profession and regularly improve it as far as possible. I think this university “Name of University” has everything that I want and all what I need. I want to apply “Communication and Multimedia” very interesting with great potential for career advancement and further education. As I mentioned before I like to work and communicate with people, work with computers and with different audio and video stuffs. I have read a lot of your educational institution and if I can say, I fell in love with it. I love that students can communicate with teachers freely like with friends, little classes is big plus too, because than teacher can concentrate on every student. It’s so lovely how much useful practical knowledge your high school can give, how great it is to meet people from different countries and make them as your friends.

Thank you for considering my request. I look forward to your positive response.

Yours faithfully,

a_vee

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Costa Rica
Hi Raimonds. I hope this helps.

I reviewed your letter. Please review the changes carefully. Do not simply copy and send it. Study the changes.

Words that look like this need your personal editing. A high school education comes before a university education. Why is Lativia "wonderful"?
It would be more believable if you gave a reason or a description. All countries are wonderful.

Dear Sir or Madam:

I would like to express my interest in studying at the “University of ...”

My name is Raimonds. I was born in Latvia, the country next to The Baltic Sea. Latvia is really wonderful little country with approximately 2.5 million citizens and is a happy member of the European Union since 2004.

I have a diverse and well-developed education. In a few weeks I am going to finish studies in Riga Secondary School Nr.93. I constantly try to participate in different variety of activities because I like to work in team or group and to spend my free time doing some interesting activities. I take many extracurricular classes outside of school, including some sports. I regularly go to the gym to keep myself in good shape so that my immune system is not weakened. At age 12, graduated from the computer courses at 17, I graduated from waiters – bartender courses so I can find work while I still study.

I love people. I enjoy communicating with them, having unique conversations, and helping with all I can. Wherever I go I always find interesting new friends and I am very pleased about that. Because I like to study and communicate with people with different culture, I always try to learn more about other religions and nationalities. I have had the privilege of traveling with my parents to more than ten different countries in my life.

I want to get as much as I can from life, and contribute significantly to the lives of others. I hope to be a competitive professional with a quality education. I hope to bring valuable advances and improvements to my chosen field. I think this university “Name of University” has everything that I want and all what I need. I want to apply to “Communication and Multimedia”. I think it is very interesting with great potential for career advancement and further education. As I mentioned before I like to work and communicate with people, work with computers and with different audio and video technology. I have researched your educational institution and if I may say so, I fell in love with it. I love that students can communicate with teachers freely like with friends, the small classes are big plus too, because than teacher can concentrate on every student. It is wonderful how much useful practical knowledge your high school can give.How great it would be to meet people from different countries and know them as friends.

Thank you for considering my request. I look forward to your positive response.

Yours faithfully,

Raymond Yeesalneeks

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Latvian, Lettish
Home Country
Latvia
Current Location
Latvia
Thanks a lot! I really pleased that you helped me! I'll add information why I think country is wonderful or maybe I'll delete that part! But serious thanks a lot for job that you did.

a_vee

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Costa Rica
You're welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.