• Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default HELP

i am writing a term paper for U.S History and I am writing about the Sandy Hook Shooting and i need help on my thesis statement. I am including gun control, better security, and violent video games but i don't know how to put that into a thesis statement to start my body paragraphs........ can you help me please?

Gillnetter is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: HELP

Quote Originally Posted by shis View Post
    i am writing a term paper for U.S History and I am writing about the Sandy Hook Shooting and i need help on my thesis statement. I am including gun control, better security, and violent video games but i don't know how to put that into a thesis statement to start my body paragraphs........ can you help me please?
    Why don't you try to start something? Post it here and we will comment on it. We are not going to do it for you, but will be happy to help. If you are going to write any paper for a class:
    "I", not "i"
    No reason to capitalize "shooting"

It sounds as though you have included too many broad areas of concern. Any of the ones you mentioned are worthy of a book. Try to limit your matters of interest to two, one would be better.