Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    mathewvarghese_007 is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • United Arab Emirates
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Is this sentence has any grammer or proposistion mistake?

    shop has no webcamera for capture photograph to making identy card from customers.Instance observed that staffs capture photograph by using their own selfphone.

  2. #2
    emsr2d2's Avatar
    emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    24,931
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is this sentence has any grammer or proposistion mistake?

    Quote Originally Posted by mathewvarghese_007 View Post
    shop has no webcamera for capture photograph to making identy card from customers.Instance observed that staffs capture photograph by using their own selfphone.
    There are multiple errors in both your title and your post.

    - It's grammar.
    - It's preposition.
    - Start every sentence with a capital letter.
    - End every sentence with a single punctuation mark.
    - Put a space after a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.

    Please don't put words in such pale colours as that bright green. They're almost impossible to read. I don't know why you specifically put the prepositions in that colour, although I realise you were querying their use. I have marked in red every word that has some kind of error, either with capitalisation, spelling, punctuation or grammar.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 25-May-2013 at 20:10.
    Remember - correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing make posts much easier to read.

  3. #3
    mathewvarghese_007 is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • United Arab Emirates
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is this sentence has any grammer or proposistion mistake?

    So what is the correct sentence and correct preposistion for this sentence?.

    Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    There are multiple errors in both your title and your post.

    - It's grammar.
    - It's preposition.
    - Start every sentence with a capital letter.
    - End every sentence with a single punctuation mark.
    - Put a space after a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.

    Please don't put words in such pale colours as that bright green. They're almost impossible to read. I don't know why you specifically put the prepositions in that colour, although I realise you were querying their use. I have marked in red every word that has some kind of error, either with capitalisation, spelling, punctuation or grammar.

  4. #4
    emsr2d2's Avatar
    emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    24,931
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is this sentence has any grammer or proposistion mistake?

    Here's an idea. Why don't you look at the hints I gave you (starting every sentence with a capital letter, for example), then write your sentence again following those rules. Once you've corrected those things, we can look at the actual content (the words themselves).
    Remember - correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing make posts much easier to read.

  5. #5
    mathewvarghese_007 is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • United Arab Emirates
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is this sentence has any grammer or proposistion mistake?

    Shop has no webcamera for capturing photograph to make identy card from customers. Instance observed that staff capture photograph by using their own cellphone.

    Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    Here's an idea. Why don't you look at the hints I gave you (starting every sentence with a capital letter, for example), then write your sentence again following those rules. Once you've corrected those things, we can look at the actual content (the words themselves).

  6. #6
    mathewvarghese_007 is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • United Arab Emirates
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is this sentence has any grammer or proposistion mistake?

    Quote Originally Posted by mathewvarghese_007 View Post
    Shop has no webcamera for capturing photograph to make identy card from customers. Instance observed that staff capture photograph by using their own cellphone.
    Shop has no webcamera for capturing photograph to make identy card from customers. Instance observed that staffs capture photograph by using their own cellphone.
    What about this sentence?.

  7. #7
    emsr2d2's Avatar
    emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    24,931
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is this sentence has any grammer or proposistion mistake?

    Quote Originally Posted by mathewvarghese_007 View Post
    Shop has no webcamera for capturing photograph to make identy card from customers. Instance observed that staffs capture photograph by using their own cellphone.

    What about this sentence?.
    OK, thank you for correcting those errors. Now let's deal with the content.

    I assume you are talking about a specific shop, so you need to add an article before the word "shop".
    We rarely say "web camera" - it's usually "webcam".
    We say "taking photographs" rather than "capturing".
    The shop doesn't just take one photograph so the singular is inappropriate.
    The shop doesn't just make one identity card so the singular is inappropriate.
    We don't make things "from" customers. That means that we change customers into something else, or use customers as an ingredient. Try to find another preposition.

    I don't know what you are trying to say by "Instance observed". Can you try to use different words to explain what you want to say?
    Check a dictionary for the word "staffs". It exists in the plural but only when using the countable definition of "staff". You are looking for the uncountable form.
    The same advice for "capture" and "photograph" applies in paragraph 2.

    Following that advice, make some changes to your sentence again.
    Remember - correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing make posts much easier to read.

  8. #8
    mathewvarghese_007 is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • United Arab Emirates
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is this sentence has any grammer or proposistion mistake?

    Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    OK, thank you for correcting those errors. Now let's deal with the content.

    I assume you are talking about a specific shop, so you need to add an article before the word "shop".
    We rarely say "web camera" - it's usually "webcam".
    We say "taking photographs" rather than "capturing".
    The shop doesn't just take one photograph so the singular is inappropriate.
    The shop doesn't just make one identity card so the singular is inappropriate.
    We don't make things "from" customers. That means that we change customers into something else, or use customers as an ingredient. Try to find another preposition.

    I don't know what you are trying to say by "Instance observed". Can you try to use different words to explain what you want to say?
    Check a dictionary for the word "staffs". It exists in the plural but only when using the countable definition of "staff". You are looking for the uncountable form.
    The same advice for "capture" and "photograph" applies in paragraph 2.

    Following that advice, make some changes to your sentence again.
    CHANGES:-
    The shop has no webcam by taking photographs to make identy cards for customers. It is observed that staff are taking photographs by their own cellphone.

  9. #9
    bhaisahab's Avatar
    bhaisahab is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    23,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is this sentence has any grammer or proposistion mistake?

    Quote Originally Posted by mathewvarghese_007 View Post
    CHANGES:-
    The shop has no webcam by taking photographs to make identy cards for customers. It is observed that staff are taking photographs by their own cellphone.
    "The shop has no webcam for taking photographs to make identity cards for customers. It is observed that staff are taking photographs with their own cellphones."

    Now it's grammatical.

  10. #10
    emsr2d2's Avatar
    emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    24,931
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is this sentence has any grammer or proposistion mistake?

    Note the spelling of identity.
    Remember - correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing make posts much easier to read.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-Apr-2013, 22:46
  2. [General] Grammer Mistake
    By rahuldhoble in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-Jan-2011, 18:01
  3. Could you check the grammer mistake..please
    By primrose90 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-Apr-2009, 10:26
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-Jan-2009, 21:09
  5. need editing for grammer mistake
    By gonghai in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17-Jul-2004, 22:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •