Thread: editing

Post Thanks / Like

Default editing

Hi friends,
    I am writing an annotated journals and need your revision.Pleae if you find any redundancy or inappropriate words ,correct me.
    "

2-ELT Journal http://www.oxfordjournals.org/eltj
    ELT Journal is a quarterly publication for all those involved in the field of teaching English as a second or foreign language. It is an online and printed journal published by Oxford University Press. It seeks to bridge the gap between the everyday practical concerns of ELT professionals and related disciplines such as education, linguistics, psychology, and sociology that may offer significant insights.
    ELT Journal aims to provide a medium for informed discussion of the principles and practice which determine the ways in which the English language is taught and learnt around the world. It also provides a forum for the exchange of information among members of the profession world-wide.
    The Editor of ELT Journal is supported by an Editorial Advisory Panel whose members referee submissions. Their decisions are based upon the relevance, clarity, and value of the articles submitted.
    'Key Concepts in ELT' is a feature of the Journal that aims to assist readers to develop an appreciation of central ideas in ELT, and to approach the content of articles from a perspective informed by current debate on aspects of theory and practice. Reviews of both books and websites are also included in the journal. Most issues contain around 13 articles and 3 reviews dealing with the teaching of English.
    I think this journal can be very beneficial to EF/SL teachers because most articles are written by experienced English language teachers who share their experience in EF/SL teaching. I also included it because it deals with issues that all EF/SL teachers are interested in. In its last issue articles about lesson planning, feedback and learning strategies were included which help both novice and experienced EF/SL teachers.
    Finally, Learners of ESL/EFL can also use this site in boosting their motivations toward learning. Articles such as “What do Learners Really Want from their EFL Course” by Alan Davies, might help learners, as well as TFL/TSL teachers, state, define, evaluate and achieve their goals.
    3- RFL : http:www.nflrc.hawaii.edu
    Reading in a Foreign Language is a scholarly international refereed journal founded in 1983 at the University of Aston, Birmingham, England and moved to Hawaii in 2002 under the co-editorship of Richard R. Day and Thom Hudson , and Reviews Editor Anne Burns,Macquarie Universities ,Australia.
    Reading in a Foreign Language aims to be a source for the latest developments in the field, both theoretical and pedagogic, including improving standards for foreign language reading.
    This fully-refereed journal is published twice a year, in April and October. Its main targets are EF/SL teachers and professionals. The editors seek manuscripts concerning both the practice and theory of learning to read and the teaching of reading in any foreign or second language.
    A new feature offers an archive of articles and books published in other venues during the past year and serves as a valuable tool to RFL readers. Articles treat any topic within the scope of RFL and second language reading. Articles are organized by topic and are listed in alphabetical order. The feature section includes titles of the articles as well as brief summaries. An additional section includes a list of books, volumes and dissertations that treat second language reading.
    I found this journal helpful not only to EEF/SL teachers but to all professionals in reading and language literacy. It is a specialized journal which focuses on reading skill and how to improve it and overcome students’ difficulties in it.
    Finally, I included this site in my list because I got a lot of benefits from it .Because I am interested in reading and language arts, as a field of study, I found a lot of good sources especially in the “Reviews” section. Examples of reviewed books in the last issue are: “Understanding reading “by Frank Smith, “Teaching Reading to Adult Second Language Learners: Theoretical Foundations, Pedagogical Applications, and Current Issues “by Meena Singhal.
    4-ESL Magazine; www.eslmag.com
    ESL Magazine is a bi-monthly, color, print magazine serving English language educators and other professionals .ESL Magazine is published by Modern English Publishing Chicago, USA. It combines practical, informative articles by recognized leaders in the field, information about the latest ESL/EFL products and services as well as refreshing publication design. ESL Magazine is devoted exclusively to teachers of English as a Second or Foreign Language in the United States and around the world from kindergarten through university levels. Its readers vary from those teaching in elementary schools through middle and junior high schools in the U.S. and overseas to adult education ESL, university level ESL/EFL, refugee training programs, English for special purposes, English for academic purposes, etc.
    Its main purpose is to inform ES/FL professionals of all aspects of the English as a second language field on the national and international levels. Drawing from decades of diverse ESL/EFL experience, different educators and other professionals try to keep readers informed of the latest news, trends, methods, products and services that matter to ESL/EFL professionals.
    Each issue contains relevant and timely feature and department articles relating to the K-12, college and adult levels.
    Feature articles report on issues including instruction, testing, technology, professional life, cross cultural concerns, immigration trends and regulations, legislation pertaining to ESL/EFL, international student issues, refugee concerns, association news, ESL/EFL pioneer profiles, student life, and human interest stories. Departments include the Letters to the Editor, News Briefs, Conference Calendar, Product Reviews, Catalog Showcase and Classified ads. Columns include Technology by Greg Kessler, The Grammar Guy by Richard Firsten, and Web Watcher by Dave Sperling. The style of ESL Magazine is American English and the tone editors strive for is professional and practical.
    Learners of ESL/EFL will find some interesting articles and features about current issues in language learning. The magazine in its last issues includes an article about “Distance Learning for ESL/EFL Professionals” by Thomas Nixon. These kinds of current issues are dealt with in this site and that is one of the reasons which made me include it in my list.
    5- The Journal of Second Language Writing; www.jslw.org
    The Journal of Second Language Writing is a quarterly journal published by Elsevier, A world leading, multiple-media publisher of scientific, technical and health information products and services. The editors of JSLW are : Tony Silva , associate professor of ESL in the Department of English at Purdue University , and Ilona Leki , professor of English and director of ESL at the University of Tennessee.
    It is a refereed journal appearing four times a year, features theoretically grounded reports of research and discussion of central issues in second language and foreign language writing and writing instruction. Areas of interest include:
    • personal characteristics and attitudes of L2 writers
    • L2 writers' composing processes
    • features of L2 writers' texts
    • readers' responses to L2 writing
    • assessment/evaluation of L2 writing
    • contexts (cultural, social, political, situational) for L2 writing
    • any other topic clearly relevant to L2 writing and/or writing instruction
    In addition to feature articles and dialogues, each issue of the JSLW includes an annotated bibliography of recent scholarship in second language writing.
    The Journal of Second Language Writing is devoted to publishing theoretically grounded reports of research and discussions of central issues in second and foreign language writing and writing instruction. Some areas of interest are personal characteristics and attitudes of L2 writers, L2 writers' composing processes, features of L2 writers' texts, readers' responses to L2 writing, assessment/evaluation of L2 writing, contexts (cultural, social, political, institutional) for L2 writing, and any other topic clearly relevant to L2 writing and/or writing instruction.
    This journal is of great benefits to ES/FL teachers and other professionals in writing. It is a specialized journal which has much concern with writing skill .It helps ES/Fl teachers in dealing with one of the language skills that most students might find difficulties in developing it, i.e. writing.
    Finally I included this journal because I did include RFL which is a reading journal. This is another specialized journal in writing which might shed more light on writing issues. I believe in specialization and I think our time today is a time of specialization.

susiedqq is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: editing

Modern English Publishing, Chicago, USA.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: editing

Quote Originally Posted by hashem View Post
    Hi friends,
    I am writing an annotated journals and need your revision.Pleae if you find any redundancy or inappropriate words ,correct me.
    "

2-ELT Journal Oxford Journals | Humanities | ELT Journal
    ELT Journal is a quarterly publication for all those involved in the field of teaching English as a second or foreign language. It is an online and printed journal published by Oxford University Press. It seeks to bridge the gap between the everyday practical concerns of ELT professionals and related disciplines such as education, linguistics, psychology, and sociology in articles that may offer significant insights.
    ELT Journal aims to provide a medium for informed discussion of the principles and practice which determine the ways in which the English language is taught and learnt around the world. It also provides a forum for the exchange of information among members of the profession world-wide.
    The Editor of ELT Journal is supported by an Editorial Advisory Panel whose members referee submissions. Their decisions are based upon the relevance, clarity, and value of the articles submitted.
    'Key Concepts in ELT' is a feature of the Journal that aims to assist readers to develop an appreciation of central ideas in ELT, and to approach the content of articles from a perspective informed by current debate on aspects of theory and practice. Reviews of both books and websites are also included in the journal. Most issues contain around 13 articles and 3 reviews dealing with the teaching of English.
    I think this journal can be very beneficial to EF/SL teachers because most articles are written by experienced English language teachers who share their experience in EF/SL teaching. I also included it because it deals with issues that all EF/SL teachers are interested in. In its last issue articles about lesson planning, feedback and learning strategies were included which help both novice and experienced EF/SL teachers.
    Finally, Learners of ESL/EFL can also use this site in boosting their motivations toward learning. Articles such as “What do Learners Really Want from their EFL Course” by Alan Davies, might help learners, as well as TFL/TSL teachers, state, define, evaluate and achieve their goals. [Is this necessary? It seems a bit redundant]

3- RFL : http:NFLRC - National Foreign Language Resource Center
    Reading in a Foreign Language is a scholarly international refereed journal founded in 1983 at the University of Aston, Birmingham, England and moved to Hawaii in 2002 under the co-editorship of Richard R. Day and Thom Hudson , and Reviews Editor Anne Burns,Macquarie Universities ,Australia.
    Reading in a Foreign Language aims to be a source for the latest developments in the field, both theoretical and pedagogic, including improving standards for foreign language reading.
    This fully refereed journal is published twice a year, in April and October. Its main targets are EF/SL teachers and professionals. The editors seek manuscripts concerning both the practice and theory of learning to read and the teaching of reading in any foreign or second language.
    A new feature offers an archive of articles and books published in other venues during the past year and serves as a valuable tool to RFL readers. Articles treat any topic within the scope of RFL and second language reading. Articles are organized by topic and are listed in alphabetical order. The feature section includes titles of the articles as well as brief summaries. An additional section includes a list of books, volumes and dissertations that treat second language reading.
    I found this journal helpful not only to EEF/SL teachers but to all professionals in reading and language literacy. It is a specialized journal which focuses on reading skill and how to improve it and overcome students’ difficulties in it.
    Finally, I included this site in my list because I got a lot of benefits from it .Because I am interested in reading and language arts, as a field of study, I found a lot of good sources especially in the “Reviews” section. Examples of reviewed books in the last issue are: “Understanding reading “by Frank Smith, “Teaching Reading to Adult Second Language Learners: Theoretical Foundations, Pedagogical Applications, and Current Issues “by Meena Singhal. [same comment as above]

4-ESL Magazine; ~~~(---->HACKED BY LA_RED_DE_RAD<----)~~~
    ESL Magazine is a bi-monthly, color, print magazine serving English language educators and other professionals .ESL Magazine is published by Modern English Publishing Chicago, USA. It combines practical, informative articles by recognized leaders in the field, information about the latest ESL/EFL products and services as well as refreshing publication design. ESL Magazine is devoted exclusively to teachers of English as a Second or Foreign Language in the United States and around the world from kindergarten through university levels. Its readers vary from those teaching in elementary schools through middle and junior high schools in the U.S. and overseas to adult education ESL, university level ESL/EFL, refugee training programs, English for special purposes, English for academic purposes, etc.
    Its main purpose is to inform ES/FL professionals of all aspects of the English as a second language field on the national and international levels. Drawing from decades of diverse ESL/EFL experience, different educators and other professionals try to keep readers informed of the latest news, trends, methods, products and services that matter to ESL/EFL professionals.
    Each issue contains relevant and timely feature and department articles relating to the K-12, college and adult levels.
    Feature articles report on issues including instruction, testing, technology, professional life, cross cultural concerns, immigration trends and regulations, legislation pertaining to ESL/EFL, international student issues, refugee concerns, association news, ESL/EFL pioneer profiles, student life, and human interest stories. Departments include the Letters to the Editor, News Briefs, Conference Calendar, Product Reviews, Catalog Showcase and Classified ads. Columns include Technology by Greg Kessler, The Grammar Guy by Richard Firsten, and Web Watcher by Dave Sperling. The style of ESL Magazine is American English and the tone editors strive for is professional and practical.
    Learners of ESL/EFL will find some interesting articles and features about current issues in language learning. The magazine in its last issues includes an article about “Distance Learning for ESL/EFL Professionals” by Thomas Nixon. These kinds of current issues are dealt with in this site and that is one of the reasons which made me include it in my list.
    5- The Journal of Second Language Writing; Journal of Second Language Writing | An International Quarterly Journal on Second and Foreign Language Writing Research
    The Journal of Second Language Writing is a quarterly journal published by Elsevier, A world leading, multiple-media publisher of scientific, technical and health information products and services. The editors of JSLW are : Tony Silva , associate professor of ESL in the Department of English at Purdue University , and Ilona Leki , professor of English and director of ESL at the University of Tennessee.
    It is a refereed journal appearing four times a year, features theoretically grounded reports of research and discussion of central issues in second language and foreign language writing and writing instruction. Areas of interest include:
    • personal characteristics and attitudes of L2 writers
    • L2 writers' composing processes
    • features of L2 writers' texts
    • readers' responses to L2 writing
    • assessment/evaluation of L2 writing
    • contexts (cultural, social, political, situational) for L2 writing
    • any other topic clearly relevant to L2 writing and/or writing instruction
    In addition to feature articles and dialogues, each issue of the JSLW includes an annotated bibliography of recent scholarship in second language writing.
    The Journal of Second Language Writing is devoted to publishing theoretically grounded reports of research and discussions of central issues in second and foreign language writing and writing instruction. Some areas of interest are personal characteristics and attitudes of L2 writers, L2 writers' composing processes, features of L2 writers' texts, readers' responses to L2 writing, assessment/evaluation of L2 writing, contexts (cultural, social, political, institutional) for L2 writing, and any other topic clearly relevant to L2 writing and/or writing instruction.
    This journal is of great benefits to ES/FL teachers and other professionals in writing. It is a specialized journal which has much concern with writing skill .It helps ES/Fl teachers in dealing with one of the language skills that most students might find difficulties in developing it, i.e. writing.
    Finally I included this journal because I did include RFL which is a reading journal. This is another specialized journal in writing which might shed more light on writing issues. I believe in specialization and I think our time today is a time of specialization.
    Would it not be better to have an introductory text stating your reasons for including these publications, and keep the entries to straighforward factual information?

NB - a hacker has tried to get at this stuff.