This is an essay for my state examination. Check it, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Kazakhstan
Current Location
Kazakhstan
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.

Some people say a dream is a privilege of children and adolescents. Others say to live with the dream means to lose real life. Some people, like me, are trying to satisfy his dreams into reality. However, by no means should not be left "in reserve" those activities, which can make each new day gladdened and memorable.
Somehow, everybody plans his future life. And it often happens so that events lined up in a logical manner accomplish exactly as they were meant by an actor of his own destiny. But only some of us build grandiose schemes and then rejoice, when at least one-tenth of the scheduled is ultimately enforceable. Which is better: to draw a wooden cabin and then to build a small house, or to dream about castles in the air, but in reality to build a palace? I cannot judge, I just stand by remarkable strength of each dream that pops up in the minds of believing in his own "I" person. Look at children. Sometimes we should learn the ability to dream from them.
However, in any case, do not forget about the real world in which every next day may deplorably be the last. Without any doubt, every day of our lives should be such that at least some of its events to be commemorated for a lifetime.
It seems me, a dream is not something that should be forgotten with age. Each dream is a new purpose in your life, because only in this case life becomes meaningful. We should not barter life for a dream, because no matter how important for us to dream, nothing can replace a real human life, real events, feelings and relationships. In the words of James Dean, Dream as if you will live forever and Live as if you will die today. (304 words)

EnglishFix

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Chile
"However, by no means should not be left "in reserve" those activities, which can make each new day gladdened and memorable."
Can you rewrite this? I don't understand.

Dream as if You'll Live Forever, Live as if You'll Die Today.

Some people say a dream is a privilege of children and adolescents. Others say to live with a dream means to lose you real life. Some people, like me, are trying to make their dreams into reality.

Somehow, everybody plans their future life. And it often happens so that events line up in a logical manner to accomplish exactly what they were meant to by an actor of his own destiny. But only some of us make grandiose schemes and then rejoice when at least one-tenth of what is planned is ultimately realized. Which is better: to draw a wooden cabin and then to build a small house, or to dream about castles in the air, but in reality to build a palace? I cannot judge, I just stand by the remarkable strength of each dream that pops up in the minds of those believing in themselves. Look at children. Sometimes we should learn the ability to dream from them.

However, in any case, do not forget about the real world in which every next day may deplorably be the last. Without any doubt, every day of our lives should be lived so that at least some of its events will be commemorated for a lifetime.

It seems to me that a dream is not something that should be forgotten with age. Each dream is a new purpose in your life because only in this case life becomes meaningful. We should not barter life for a dream because no matter how important it is for us to dream, nothing can replace a real human life, real events, feelings, and relationships. In the words of James Dean, "Dream as if you will live forever and live as if you will die today."

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Kazakhstan
Current Location
Kazakhstan
"However, by no means should not be left "in reserve" those activities, which can make each new day gladdened and memorable."
Can you rewrite this? I don't understand.

Dream as if You'll Live Forever, Live as if You'll Die Today.

Some people say a dream is a privilege of children and adolescents. Others say to live with a dream means to lose you (you or your?) real life. Some people, like me, are trying to make their dreams into reality.

Somehow, everybody plans their future life. And it often happens so that events line up in a logical manner to accomplish exactly what they were meant to by an actor of his own destiny. But only some of us make grandiose schemes and then rejoice when at least one-tenth of what is planned is ultimately realized. Which is better: to draw a wooden cabin and then to build a small house, or to dream about castles in the air, but in reality to build a palace? I cannot judge, I just stand by the remarkable strength of each dream that pops up (is it OK in academic reading?) in the minds of those believing in themselves. Look at children. Sometimes we should learn the ability to dream from them.

However, in any case, do not forget about the real world in which every next day may deplorably be the last. Without any doubt, every day of our lives should be lived so that at least some of its events will be commemorated for a lifetime.

It seems to me that a dream is not something that should be forgotten with age. Each dream is a new purpose in your life because only in this case life becomes meaningful. We should not barter life for a dream because no matter how important it is for us to dream, nothing can replace a real human life, real events, feelings, and relationships. In the words of James Dean, "Dream as if you will live forever and live as if you will die today."

By no means, those activities, which can make every new day a memorable one, should not be left "in reserve".
Is it better?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If this essay is actually to be submitted as part of your examination and will be marked, then it was entirely inappropriate for you to ask us for help with it. You were very lucky that someone was willing to help you. The forum guidelines clearly state that we cannot help with homework or assignments. The work that you submit for tests or examinations must be your own work.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Kazakhstan
Current Location
Kazakhstan
If this essay is actually to be submitted as part of your examination and will be marked, then it was entirely inappropriate for you to ask us for help with it. You were very lucky that someone was willing to help you. The forum guidelines clearly state that we cannot help with homework or assignments. The work that you submit for tests or examinations must be your own work.

Sorry, but actually it is only an example. Of, course, I'm not writing to you exactly from my examination, and I won't know the topic for it till it starts. So, in fact everything is fair.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Мария Щербинина;986179 said:
Sorry, but actually it is only an example. Of, course, I'm not writing to you exactly from my examination, and I won't know the topic for it till it starts. So, in fact everything is fair.

OK, thank you for clarifying that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.