[Vocabulary] which word fits best in the below situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

javierchang

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hello, everyone. I am wondering among 'relate to','be associated with' ,'have to do with'and 'involve',which word is best or native in the following sentence. 'Another reason of my point relates to the fact that...' or 'Another reason of my point is associated with the fact that...' or 'Another reason of my point involves the fact that...' or 'Another reason of my point has to do with the fact that...'

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The main problem with your sentence fragment is that "Another reason of my point ..." is incorrect. Try to reformulate that part. Until that's correct, it's impossible to tell what the next word should be.

javierchang

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
You are right, I will correct the sentence into 'Another convincing reason to support my point of view has to do with/relates to/is associated with/involves the fact that...',then among 'relate to','be associated with' ,'have to do with'and 'involve',which is best???

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Why not just "is"? Another reason to support my point of view is...

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
We really need to see the entire sentence. Perhaps you could even start with "Another point supporting my view is..." (usually "the fact that" can be rewritten).

javierchang

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Thanks for your reply, the entire sentence is ' another reason to support my view that computer games can benefit the kids' development has to do with/relates to/is associated with/involves the fact playing computer games can cultivate kids' eye-hand coordination. Then which word among 'has to do with', 'relates to' ,'is associated with','involves' in this situation reads best in English?

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Improved hand-eye coordination is another point supporting the view that computer games can benefit a child's development.

Status
Not open for further replies.