• Native Language:
      • Bengali; Bangla
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My Summer Vacation

I shall be highly obliged if you kindly help me to correct the following essay.

Summer vacation is probably the happiest period in my life. The vacation started on 16th May and ended on 9th June.
    The purpose of the summer vacation is to tide over the unbearable heat of the summer months. The other purpose is to provide a chance me to make up my deficiency subjects. It also gives an opportunity to me to visit new places.
    I visited to my aunty’s home at Dhakuria, Kolkata for 8 days. I enjoyed with my brother-in-law, Saheb by visiting Science City, Victoria Memorial Hall and Nicco Park.
    I came back at home stayed for 7 days. Again I visited to my native place, Chandannagar for 9 days. I met with my father-in-law and mother-in-law. I enjoyed with them very much during my holidays.
    I returned at home on 1st June. I used to study English, Math and Science very well and completed my Home Work.
    The summer vacation was a happy experience for me and its memory is still green in my mind.

EnglishFix is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Summer Vacation

Summer vacation was probably the happiest period in my life. The vacation started on the 16th May and ended on the 9thof June.
    The purpose of the summer vacation was to get through the unbearable heat of the summer months. The other purpose was to provide a chance me to make up my deficient subjects. It also gives me an opportunity to visit new places.

I visited to my aunty’s home at Dhakuria, Kolkata for 8 days. I enjoyed being with my brother-in-law, Saheb, by visiting Science City, Victoria Memorial Hall and Nicco Park.

I came back home and stayed for 7 days. Again I visited my native place, Chandannagar, for 9 days. I met with my father-in-law and mother-in-law. I enjoyed being with them very much during my holidays.

I returned at home on the 1st of June. I studied English, Math, and Science very well and completed my homework.
    The summer vacation was a happy experience for me and its memory is still green in my mind.

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Summer Vacation

Modakindia, when are you going to submit this essay to your teacher?
    Remember - correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing make posts much easier to read.