Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Can someone please correct my essay?
Universities should accept equal number of males and females. Do you agree or disagree

Nowadays the tendency to attend university careers is progressively raising among both males and females. In parallel, gender issue has increasingly become a topic of discussion in term of university career admission. In my opinion, volunteers should enroll academic careers due to their interest and qualification regardless of their gender with the following reasons.

Firstly, it is clear that males and females are physically and psychologically different. Female gender is more likely to be sensitive and theoretical compared with male gender. Moreover, girls are known to be physically weaker than boys. Therefore, since women and men are qualified for particular careers depend on their abilities, applying a specific proportion between two genders, whether it is in favor of girls or boys, is not a proper policy (or mechanism).

Secondly, every person has a specific talent in a particular field. Therefore, universities should accept students due to their qualification, not depending on a pre-determined (fixed) proportion forcibly. Thus, some specific academic careers may be attracted more by men and reversely some more by women.

Overall, each gender has some specific abilities and talents and more specifically every person has his/her own capabilities. Thus, it is not fair to consider a limited capacity for each gender in order to push them through enrolling academic courses. Students should be free to choose their field of interest and universities should be free to admit those who are more qualified for each career.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
When will you submit this essay to your teacher/tutor?

dido272000

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
what do you mean?
I don't have a teacher to correct my essays, I am practicing on my own :cry:
Is it weak??

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I didn't say it was weak. We must check that we are not being asked to correct homework assignments. Now that we have established that it is not homework, I'm sure someone will look at it soon.

dido272000

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Status
Not open for further replies.