[Essay] TOEFL iBT - Why do you think people attend college or university?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginnyp

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Could you help me to check my essay?
Many thanks!

People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Nowadays, education plays an indispensable role in the development of modern social, and college and university have become the best choice of many students after they graduated high school. In my opinion, people apply to at tend college and university for three important reasons: they want to gain new experience, career preparation and increased knowledge.

First and foremost, when attending college and university, you really step into new environment which totally different with high school, as well as provide to you enjoyable experiences. In fact, in college and university, you will be meet students may come from many different places, that is an opportunity for you gaining new experience about deserve cultures, languages, broaden relationships if you connect with them. For example, my university I graduated including a lot of students who come from all over the country and international students … and I joined a variety of culture exchange festivals between my country and China, Thailand, France, America … that brings to me valuable experiences about studying and communication in an international environment. In addition, attending college or university is good ways for you to gain more experiences from participating in activities or joining organizations. Evidently, college or university seems to be a perfect environment in the hope of getting new experiences.

In the second place, some people claim that going to college and university is unnecessary way in order to obtain a good job. They provide many convincing evidences like Bill Gates – chairman of Microsoft, Steve Jobs – former CEO of Apple, Scott McNealy – chairman of Sun Microsystem … who have become billionaires without university certificates. To some extent, this point of view is true, however, famous persons mentioned earlier just are small percentage and in fact, they tend to take a university degree in near future. Nowadays, with highly competition in modern social, it is not easy to find a job with enough-salary, therefore, students need to carefully prepare if they want to convince employers. Owning a university certificate is one of the key conditions in the recruitment. Moreover, necessary knowledge and skills have taught in college or university. In addition, college and university can bring to students various reputable internship companies where students can increase skills and practice working and researching in corporate environment. As clearly as we discuss, attending college or university is not an exclusive way leading to success, but it is the best way that you should choose if you want to gain a good job.

Last but not least, currently, college and university is the most advance form of training. Thus, going to there, you can touch an enormous amount of knowledge that nowhere can bring. For instance, being the highest academic environment, college or university has fully equipment for learning and researching like libraries, laboratories, scholarly lectures … Additionally, training method in college or university have systemically and professionally taught, that helps you effectively and receptively learn. Furthermore, you can increase your educational level when continuously obtain Master degree and then Ph.D. degree after you graduated university. This is to affirm that, college or university is wise choice of an individual who want increased knowledge.

In sum, college and university is the best environment to gain new experience, prepare for career, increase knowledge … Thanks to such merit that college or university offer, education field in each country is developed and human knowledge is brought to all over the world.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
When will you submit this essay to your teacher/tutor?

ginnyp

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
No, just for my practice :D

Status
Not open for further replies.