Re: Dear sir / madam ,
Welcome to the forum.
Originally Posted by vkrn
First, note the amendments I have made to your post in red. Remember the rules of written English:
- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- End every sentence with a single appropriate punctuation mark.
- Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Do not put a space after an opening quotation mark.
- Do not put a space after a closing quotation mark.
The answer to your question is that grammatically, "Were it not for you" would have been better, to go with "I would be living ...". If you want to use "Had it not been for you" then end it with "I would have been living ..." Note that the word "plain" does not really fit the context. Perhaps you would be leading a boring life or a dull life.
Please make your thread titles more relevant. The thread title should include all or part of the words you are querying. A good title for this would have been "Had it not been for you".
Remember - correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing make posts much easier to read.