[General] Good Tv Show/Talk Show to improve my english?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucasaurelio100

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
Hi my name is Lucas. i'm from Brazil and I'm studying english, so i want some recommendations of good talk shows to help me improve my english. I'm on the intermediate level. Just to have an idea i can read news, article about different subjects on the internet, wikipedia etc.I need some Tv shows/talk shows not too complex to understand.

Thanks.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi, my name is Lucas. I'm from Brazil and I'm studying English, so I want some recommendations of good talk shows to help me improve my English. I'm [strike]on the[/strike] at an intermediate level. Just to [strike]have[/strike] give you an idea, I can read news, articles about different subjects on the internet, Wikipedia etc. I need some TV shows/talk shows which are not too complex to help my comprehension. [strike]understand.[/strike]

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum.

It's very difficult to make recommendations when we don't know what your tastes are. There is no point us recommending, for example, Fawlty Towers, if it turns out that you don't find it at all funny and don't enjoy watching it. It might also depend on whether you want to concentrate on one particular variation of English (American English, British English, Australian English) or not. One site I always recommend is TED.com - you can watch hundreds of short talks given by people all over the world on a massive range of subjects. They are not TV shows or talk shows, they are filmed presentations.

Please look at the amendments I have made to your post in red. Remember that in written English, you must always capitalise the word "I" and all proper nouns.

Status
Not open for further replies.