Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
You are working for a company.You need to take some time off work and want to ask your manager about this.

Write a letter to your manager.In your letter
  • explain why you want to take time off work
  • give details of the amount of time you need
  • suggest how your work could be covered while you are away

Dear Tom,

I’m writing to you to request some unpaid vacation next month.

My younger brother is getting married next month and he has asked me to be his wedding planner so, as the wedding planner I will have a lot to do like ordering the flowers, cakes, musician, photographers and videographers for the wedding. Writing and sending out the invitations of the weeding, also I have to help him pick his new suit from the tailor.

To be able to do all this, I would need to be away from work for five days, from Monday 17[SUP]th[/SUP] to Friday 21[SUP]st[/SUP].While I am gone my work could be divided between Johnny and Julia they both are very talented and I trained them myself to withstand any crisis that may occur.

I’d be very grateful if you could allow me this time. Thanks again and see you at the weeding.

Yours Sincerely,
Mario Nagi

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum.

We are unable to assist with homework or assignments. Do the best you can, submit your work to your teacher for marking and then, when you get it back, feel free to come back to us with any queries about corrections you don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.