Student or Learner
Native Language
Greenlandic
Home Country
Greenland
Current Location
Greenland
Hi everyone,

I've decided to take CELTA course together with my sister. We're non-native speakers and unlike many of you, we are not experts in English or in any other fields. I've read somewhere that we need at least advanced level to take CELTA course so we took a test provided by Cambridge, my sister got intermediate and I'm between upper-intermediate and advanced level.. The staff said so at least.

We're going to take different course first to brush up our poor English and hope they'll accept us.
Anyway, what I'd like to know is, how difficult is it to reach C1 level within 3 months?

Can you please share some books or articles that might be helpful? Anything will do. :)

My dream is to live and work in Japan, I used to study Japanese and music there for nearly 5 years but had to go back home after the terrifying earthquake occured. I love art and learning languages that's why I decided to give CELTA a try.

I really hope you can help us! Thanks in advance.

Seikou

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
You're close to C1 so it should be possible, but to go from intermediate to C1 is going to be tough in the time available.

seikou

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Greenlandic
Home Country
Greenland
Current Location
Greenland
Thank you very much for your reply, I'm so glad to hear that it's possible. I am doing self-study everyday to learn the things I don't know or just going over the things I've already done hoping it'll help me with the CAE course. But I have a little problem, my sister have a daugther who will be 2 years next month. We might have to bring her with us because my sister and her boyfriend broke up right after she was born and my parents are busy most of the times. I'm so concerned about this, the only time we will be able to do assignments and other preparations is after she goes to bed which is around 7-8pm.

Esredux

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
I can hardly imagine a baby at a CELTA course but of course it depends on the course provider.

seikou

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Greenlandic
Home Country
Greenland
Current Location
Greenland
The baby can't stay at CELTA so if she have to come with us we have to find a place to stay in and kindergarten, but I'm worried to leave her into a strangers care. I think it's best for both of us if she stays with her grandparents while we're away, I want to be able to study all day without having to worry about my niece.

TeffJones

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
UK
All teachers employed should have a basic qualification in the Teaching of English as a Foreign Language.

Status
Not open for further replies.