Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Greece
Hello from Greece, hope that you are doing fine !!!

So, I need your help. For the following text, can you say if the sentences are fine, both grammatically and syntactically? Suggest some proposals ….

The global increase in the rate of population aging is an opportunity for investment in medical equipment. The elderly people are the fastest growing segment of the population on a global scale (Beard 2010). It is estimated that by 2025, 1/3 of Europeans will be over 65 years old (Legare, 2001). The increased number of vulnerable population (elderly and sick) has created the need for several supportive monitoring technologies. (Ângelo Costa and associates, 2012).

Quite interesting observation is that the "Falls in older people" occupying the first position of mortality by accident to the elderly and is estimated to be responsible for 40% of deaths from injuries in people over 65 years old. Fractures of the hip and upper leg area, wrist, femur and heavy muscle injuries are frequent. The 75% of cases relating sudden death causes (Rubenstein, 2006) .The fear of a new fall strongly influence morale in the elderly, who often lose the meaning of life and incoming depression (Liddle and Gilleard, 1995).”

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Welcome to the forums.

Why are you asking this?

If it's homework, we do not do it for you.

Rover

Achelius

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Greece
no it is for linkedin and i would like to know if it is right

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
no it is for linkedin and i would like to know if it is right

Please edit that sentence. Your first post shows that you are capable of using standard English.

What's 'linkedin'?

Achelius

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Greece
I want to use this text in a presentation. I would like to know if it is grammatically and syntactically correct.Thats all !!!

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello from Greece, hope that you are doing fine !!!

[STRIKE]So, [/STRIKE]I need your help. For the following text, can you say if the sentences are fine, both grammatically and syntactically[STRIKE]?[/STRIKE] and suggest some proposals[STRIKE] ….[/STRIKE]?
(Regardless of what you may have read on the Internet, "So" is not the proper way to begin this sentence)

The global increase in the rate of population aging is an opportunity for investment (Either "an investment", or, "investments") in medical equipment. [STRIKE]The[/STRIKE] Elderly people are the fastest growing segment of the population on a global scale (Beard 2010). It is estimated that by 2025, 1/3 of Europeans will be over 65 years old (Legare, 2001). The increased number of the vulnerable population (elderly and sick) has created the need for several supportive monitoring technologies. (Ângelo Costa and associates, 2012).

A quite interesting observation is that [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE]"Falls in older people" [STRIKE]occupying[/STRIKE] occupies the first position of mortality by accident to the elderly and is estimated to be responsible for 40% of deaths from injuries in people over 65 years old. Fractures of the hip and upper leg area, wrist, femur and heavy muscle injuries are frequent. The 75% of cases relating sudden death causes (Rubenstein, 2006) (Unsure of what this means) .The fear of a new fall strongly influences morale in the elderly, who often lose the meaning of life and [STRIKE]incoming depression [/STRIKE] (Either "become depressed", or, "suffer depression")(Liddle and Gilleard, 1995).”
If this text is meant to present your profile, I don't believe that you have to prove every statement by citation.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
That is one of the strangest things I have ever seen intended for LinkedIn. The text on that website should be about you, your achievements, your qualities, your talents etc.

Achelius

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Greece
THANK YOU SIR !!! and finally for this two paragraphs ...

"Return on investment (ROI) expected to be highly profitable for two reasons:

The growing spread of Alzheimer's disease and dementia has already created the need for supporting technologies. In the future, it is expected to be even greater demand for such products. (Adelina Comas and associates, 2010)

Current generations are technologically educated and quite familiar to use electronic systems. Therefore, when these people arrive in the third age, it is quite easy to understand the usefulness of such systems and to use themes."

Achelius

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Greece
any help !!!:-?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I am not going to deal with your paragraphs because I still can't see how they're for LinkedIn. However, I will make some points about your last three posts.

1. Do not address everyone here as "Sir". Many of us are female.
2. Start every sentence with a capital letter.
3. Do not put a space before a punctuation mark.
4. One punctuation mark is enough. There is no need for three exclamation marks, for example.
5. Do not try to bump a thread only three hours after posting it. You need to be patient. We are all volunteers and here in most of the Western part of the globe, it is Sunday, a day many of us don't spend much time working.

Achelius

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Greece
ok thank you ( ευχαριστώ )

Achelius

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Greece
Help-help !!! :roll:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
We're a language discussion forum, not a free proofreading service. If you want proofreading, there are plenty of sites where you can pay for it. If you're trying to get it for free, then have some patience.

Achelius

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Greece
I think you are a little bit lazy...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.