Thread: reminder

Post Thanks / Like

Default reminder

hi michael,

to my utter surprise, my previous message went unanswered. anyhow, it was about the status of taperecorded material as being qualitative or quantitative in nature. i hope this time you would be kind enough to give a reply to solve my confusion, as you did with your first response.

best wishes

salman.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: reminder

If a message goes unanswered and there are so many posts coming in that it does happen, then re-open it and choose 'Bump thread' from the 'Thread tools' menu and it will go back to the head of the list. In answer to your question, it depends entirely on the contents of the recording to me, though recordings are more likely to be used for freer gathering of opinions, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    If a message goes unanswered and there are so many posts coming in that it does happen, then re-open it and choose 'Bump thread' from the 'Thread tools' menu and it will go back to the head of the list.
    Off-topic, I know, but are you sure the "Bump thread" option isn't only available to moderators? I know I can't find it in the Thread tools menu.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I have it in any thread, but I do know someone who is not a moderator and has used it, so it is available- it's probably only available in a thread that you have started.