Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: whatoosie?

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

    • Join Date: Oct 2011
    • Posts: 100
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #1

    whatoosie?

    Hi,

    What does this word mean, I don't know how to use it, please give me an example. Thanks!

    TY

  1. Chicken Sandwich's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Netherlands

    • Join Date: Jun 2010
    • Posts: 1,458
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #2

    Re: whatoosie?

    Where did you encounter this word? I've never heard it.
    I am not a teacher.

  2. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 23,086
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #3

    Re: whatoosie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Sandwich View Post
    Where did you encounter this word? I've never heard it.
    I've never heard it either.

  3. MikeNewYork's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 16,174
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #4

    Re: whatoosie?

    Quote Originally Posted by yanx View Post
    Hi,

    What does this word mean, I don't know how to use it, please give me an example. Thanks!

    TY
    Are you thinking of "watusi"?

    See here: The Watusi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    It is also the name of an African tribe and a breed of cattle.

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

    • Join Date: Oct 2011
    • Posts: 100
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #5

    Re: whatoosie?

    The whole sentence is: Mike is about to shoot a pingpong ball out of his whatoosie and Carl wants you to be there.

  4. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 23,086
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #6

    Re: whatoosie?

    Quote Originally Posted by yanx View Post
    The whole sentence is: Mike is about to shoot a pingpong ball out of his whatoosie and Carl wants you to be there.
    Where is this from?

  5. emsr2d2's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Jul 2009
    • Posts: 24,998
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #7

    Re: whatoosie?

    Quote Originally Posted by yanx View Post
    The whole sentence is: Mike is about to shoot a pingpong ball out of his whatoosie and Carl wants you to be there.
    How odd! Given the context, I would have expected the first word to be a woman's name. In certain clubs in certain parts of the world, "ladies who entertain" do a trick where they insert a pingpong ball in an intimate part of their anatomy and then fire/shoot it across the room using only the muscles of that part of their anatomy. I was unaware that men did the same sort of thing with a slightly different part of their anatomy.

    So basically, the word "whatoosie" here has been used to replace probably a rather rude word for the anus.
    Remember - correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing make posts much easier to read.

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

    • Join Date: Oct 2011
    • Posts: 100
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #8

    Re: whatoosie?

    Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    How odd! Given the context, I would have expected the first word to be a woman's name. In certain clubs in certain parts of the world, "ladies who entertain" do a trick where they insert a pingpong ball in an intimate part of their anatomy and then fire/shoot it across the room using only the muscles of that part of their anatomy. I was unaware that men did the same sort of thing with a slightly different part of their anatomy.

    So basically, the word "whatoosie" here has been used to replace probably a rather rude word for the anus.
    Sorry for the confusion, I just put a simpler name instead, 'cause the original name is a bit long. Anyway, thanks for your explaination! It is very helpful for me to understand the whole context!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •