Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
[h=1]INCHARGE PAYROLL & COMMISSION,[/h][h=1]ABC Insurance XYZ Street,[/h][h=1]Pakistan.[/h]

SUB: TECHINAL ALLOWANCE

Dear Sir,

With due respect it is stated that I am working on computer. It is requested that computer allowance @ Rs.--/- may kindly be allowed to me w.e.f 23.12.2011 and oblige.

Thanking You,

Your’s faithfully,

EnglishFix

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Chile
Dear Sir,

With all due respect it is stated that I am working on computers. I am requesting a computer allowance of Rs.--/- .

Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

**I don't understand what "w.e.f." means**

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
INCHARGE PAYROLL & COMMISSION,

ABC Insurance XYZ Street,

Pakistan.

SUB: TECHINAL ALLOWANCE

Dear Sir,

With due respect it is stated that I am working on computer. It is requested that computer allowance @ Rs.--/- may kindly be allowed to me w.e.f 23.12.2011 and oblige.

Thanking You,

Your’s faithfully,

Perhaps "it is stated" is a common way to phrase letters in your business culture, but it's quite awkward in American business English. Obviously, you're not in the US, based on the currency you refer to. You also know your company's rules for obtaining the allowance, but asking for it to be back-dated all the way to December 2011 seems a bold request.

If you care, my letter would have been more like this:

Dear Mr. Jones.
I've been working in my roles as a _____ since 23 December 2011. This role involves working on a computer, but I have never received my computer allowance. I am writing to request the computer allowance as described in our company policy of [amount].

I would also like to explore receiving the allowance dating back to the date I was first eligible. I would be happy to provide documentation supporting this request.

Thank you for your consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.