[Grammar] I need help to correct my grammar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

coco26

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
United States
I need help to correct my grammar...

The question is
"Using Bonacich and Cheng's development of labor migration model, discuss the reasons for the influx of Chinese and Japanese immigrants at the turn of the twentieth century. Consider issues like the conditions of the departure and arrival countries."

My answer is
According to Bonacich and Cheng, capitalist development leads to imperialism. As result, many Chinese and Japanese were displaced from their traditional economic pursuits, becoming available for emigration and they immigrated to the United States. Another reason is as the US developed, its requirements for labor, especially cheap labor, were needed.

The issues: Immigrant workers contribute to the development of the country to which they have moved, while their country of origin loses some of its most able-bodied and productive members. Thus based in part on immigrant labor, the developed society becomes increasingly developed, while the poorer societies are likely to remain underdeveloped.
Another issue is that within the receiving country, immigrant workers faced the prejudice and discrimination.

Thank you

EnglishFix

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Chile
According to Bonacich and Cheng, capitalist development leads to imperialism. As a result, many Chinese and Japanese were displaced from their traditional economic pursuits, becoming available for emigration and they immigrated to the United States. Another reason is as the US developed, its requirements for labor, especially cheap labor, increased.

The issues: Immigrant workers contribute to the development of the country to which they have moved, while their country of origin loses some of its most able-bodied and productive members. Thus based in part on immigrant labor, the developed society becomes increasingly developed, while the poorer societies are likely to remain underdeveloped.

Another issue is that within the receiving country, immigrant workers faced prejudice and discrimination.

Status
Not open for further replies.