Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
South Korea
Hello. I'm gonna start my part time job tomorrow. I'm gonna teach English (Grammar, Listening, Reading and Conversational) to an Elementary School Student and a Middle School Student here in Korea. I don't know how old they are. I just know they're currently in Middle School and Elementary School. I want to give them a Diagnostic Test to gauge their knowledge about English already. My problem is I don't know what test to give them. I don't have the resources. Well of course I have the internet but I did not bring any English book with me because I thought I will just be teaching lessons on Conversational English. Do you guys know or have any good sources for Diagnostic Exams? I don't want to just randomly get from the internet because it might be too difficult for them. Also, can you recommend me good grammar/reading//writing books for Elementary and Middle School level. It will be my first official tutorial so I really want to do good. :) Thank you!

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Welcome to the Forum :hi:,

Please do not use non-standard forms like "gonna", "wanna" and the like. Students may be misled to believe it's OK to use them in standard English.

About resources, why don't you have a look at the "Testing", "Resources" and "For Teachers" sections (they appear right at the top of the page)? They may be enough for what you need. :up:

crusher25

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
South Korea
Welcome to the Forum :hi:,

Please do not use non-standard forms like "gonna", "wanna" and the like. Students may be misled to believe it's OK to use them in standard English.

About resources, why don't you have a look at the "Testing", "Resources" and "For Teachers" sections (they appear right at the top of the page)? They may be enough for what you need. :up:

Oh sorry about that. I won't use them again. Thank you for telling me.

Do you have any idea where I can get good examples of Diagnostic Exams?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.