[Grammar] correct my essay for speech...pleaseee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

amat darwin

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malay
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Today i'd like to take a few moments to introduce myself and also i’m going to tell you a little bit about my background. First of all, my name’s Darwin.and i was born and raised in Malaysia. But I moved to US because i’m working in New York and i’m staying there. Right now, I am employed as an assistant accountant in the private sector. The reason why I choose to spent my time to continue studying at nothern univercity because of salary. In addition to that I would like to gain and acquire knowledge in some more learning. Before I came here to get a degree, I had just finished study at technology univercity Singapore in 2008. Now I’m in semester 8 from Bachelor Public Management field and maybe in 1 year i will finish my studies.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Today i'd like to take a few moments to introduce myself and also i’m going to tell you a little bit about my background. First of all, my name’s Darwin.and i was born and raised in Malaysia. But I moved to US because i’m working in New York and i’m staying there. Right now, I am employed as an assistant accountant in the private sector. The reason why I choose to spent my time to continue studying at nothern univercity because of salary. In addition to that I would like to gain and acquire knowledge in some more learning. Before I came here to get a degree, I had just finished study at technology univercity Singapore in 2008. Now I’m in semester 8 from Bachelor Public Management field and maybe in 1 year i will finish my studies.

Welcome, Amat!

tuysokha

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Cambodian
Home Country
Cambodia
Current Location
Cambodia
"Now I’m in semester 8 from Bachelor Public Management field and maybe in 1 year i will finish my studies."

I find that the sentence I highlight is grammatically wrong. It should be" in a year's time, I will have finished my study" . Please use the future perfect simple to say that an action will be finished at a specific time in the future. In this case, it does.

Want to know more detail ?

amat darwin

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malay
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
anyone plz help me to correct my essay...

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Look at the underlined parts above and correct them. When you are done, repost this for more comments.

amat darwin

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malay
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Look at the underlined parts above and correct them. When you are done, repost this for more comments.

Thaks Gillnetter , im frm Malaysia, my english very bad, so i hope this forum can help me to make my english better..

Status
Not open for further replies.