Making an exercise
could you tell me if the following exchanges of phrases sound natural? (I am going to use them as a phonetic exercise for my students)
1) Joseph works so hard… - He has a family(!)
2) Emma is Joe’s younger sister, isn’t she? - She is his elder(!) sister.
3) As far as I remember, Jack lives in a house. - He lives in a flat(!).
4) I don’t think he has a family. - He has a big(!) family.
5) I want to ask her out on a date tomorrow. - She has plans (!).
6) .....................................???? - She has many(!) plans.
7) Tom's flat is very spaceous. - He lives in a little(!) flat.
8) I think this girl is Ben's new girlfriend. - She is his sister(!).
I have put an exclamation mark (!) to show that the sentence is pronouced emphatically with a tonic stress on the word with (!).
Could you think of some suitable sentence in 6)?
Last edited by englishhobby; 23-Jul-2013 at 20:19.
If I were a native speaker of English, I would never shut up. :-)