• Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Ghana
      • Current Location:
      • Congo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default help

How many different lexical choices do we have to say someone is died?select at least 5 common ones,describe the situation or contexts in which they would be appropriate and give example sentence for each.

Barb_D is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: help

Welcome to the forums.

This is clearly an assignment. We don't so assignments for others. If you have a specific question, please ask.
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.

emsr2d2 is online now Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: help

Quote Originally Posted by suraka View Post
    How many different lexical choices do we have to say someone is died has died/is dead? Select at least 5 common ones, describe the situation or contexts in which they would be appropriate and give example sentence for each.
    If you copied this homework question exactly, then it was badly written. If it was not written as you copied it, then you copied it badly. Note that we don't say someone "is died". We say someone "is dead" or "has died". Also note that we always put a space after a comma and after a full stop.

As BarbD said, we don't help with homework assignments. Do the work yourself, submit it to your teacher/tutor and then, after you receive it back from your teacher, come back to us if you don't understand any of their comments or corrections.

I am now closing this thread to avoid anyone accidentally doing your homework for you.
    Remember - correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing make posts much easier to read.