• Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Default please, check my letter.

Hello everyone.

I have an exam in the next year and I will have an exercise "letter writing". So, I prepare. today I have wrote this letter, please check it.

C1:

You have 20 minutes to do this task.
    You have received a letter from your friend who needs your advice. He writes:

...And now I have a rather big sum of money. I don't want to waste it on useless things. So, I need your advice.
    I've been dreaming of two things for a long time: a good computer, maybe a notebook, or a trip to a foreign country. The problem is I like both ideas and I cannot make up my mind.
    What would you do if you were me?

My letter:

Dear Misha,
    Thanks for your letter. It was great to hear from you. In your letter you ask my advice. So, I think it is very difficult choice, therefore I would compare them.
    First of all a computer is very important thing in our life. Everything concerns with it. You can find any information, chat with friends. Moreover, computer skills are very useful for job placement. But a trip into a foreign country is so good opportunity to improve your language and knowledges about this country. Also, you can find new friends. Certainly, you also will be a little bit closer to the culture. So, as you know, I am crazy about countries and languages, therefore I would prefer the second one. I really find it extremely intresting.
    I hope my letter will be helpful for you and you will chose what you want. Eventually, I want to ask you questions: What you have chosen and why? Tell me more about it. I am interested.

Write soon
    Yours sincerely,
    Nickle.

*Compare your friend's two choices and explain which one you think he should make. Use specific and details to support your choice.
    ** Write 100-150 words.

Please read it attentively and show my mistakes. Maybe I need to expand my vocabluary, because the letter seems poor or improve my grammar. Maybe the letter seems unnatural. Show me each strange moment at the text.
    I will be grateful if you help me with this exercise. I think I will put others my letters here, because I want to have a very good result.
    Last edited by Nicklexoxo; 01-Aug-2013 at 10:33.
    If I have made any mistakes, please tell me about them. I need to improve my English anyway and I hope you'll help me.

Nicklexoxo is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: please, check my letter.

I am patient, but it's very important for me, so I want to know about result of my job. Also, I want to write others letters, but I can't because this letter haven't been checked.

Thanks in advance.
    If I have made any mistakes, please tell me about them. I need to improve my English anyway and I hope you'll help me.

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you clarify something? Are you going to submit this letter as part of your exam?
    Remember - correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing make posts much easier to read.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello.

There is a exercise "letter writing" in my exam. For example: my friend asks my advice and I have to help him. It's a test exercise. The letter writing is a part of my exam. I have to write two letters: 1. a simple letter like this. 2. a difficult letter, I should philosophize about difficult threads, like a terrorism, corruption and etc.

I do not have any experience of letter writing I try to get it (experience), therefore I post here some my jobs. It's my second letter.

Nickle.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I am not going to submit this letter as part of my exam.