Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello everyone.

I have an exam in the next year and I will have an exercise "letter writing". So, I prepare. today I have wrote this letter, please check it.

C1:

You have 20 minutes to do this task.
You have received a letter from your friend who needs your advice. He writes:

...And now I have a rather big sum of money. I don't want to waste it on useless things. So, I need your advice.
I've been dreaming of two things for a long time: a good computer, maybe a notebook, or a trip to a foreign country. The problem is I like both ideas and I cannot make up my mind.
What would you do if you were me?

My letter:

Dear Misha,
Thanks for your letter. It was great to hear from you. In your letter you ask my advice. So, I think it is very difficult choice, therefore I would compare them.
First of all a computer is very important thing in our life. Everything concerns with it. You can find any information, chat with friends. Moreover, computer skills are very useful for job placement. But a trip into a foreign country is so good opportunity to improve your language and knowledges about this country. Also, you can find new friends. Certainly, you also will be a little bit closer to the culture. So, as you know, I am crazy about countries and languages, therefore I would prefer the second one. I really find it extremely intresting.
I hope my letter will be helpful for you and you will chose what you want. Eventually, I want to ask you questions: What you have chosen and why? Tell me more about it. I am interested.

Write soon
Yours sincerely,
Nickle.

*Compare your friend's two choices and explain which one you think he should make. Use specific and details to support your choice.
** Write 100-150 words.

Please read it attentively and show my mistakes. Maybe I need to expand my vocabluary, because the letter seems poor or improve my grammar. Maybe the letter seems unnatural. Show me each strange moment at the text.
I will be grateful if you help me with this exercise. I think I will put others my letters here, because I want to have a very good result.

Last edited:

Nicklexoxo

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
I am patient, but it's very important for me, so I want to know about result of my job. Also, I want to write others letters, but I can't because this letter haven't been checked.

Thanks in advance.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Can you clarify something? Are you going to submit this letter as part of your exam?

Nicklexoxo

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello.

There is a exercise "letter writing" in my exam. For example: my friend asks my advice and I have to help him. It's a test exercise. The letter writing is a part of my exam. I have to write two letters: 1. a simple letter like this. 2. a difficult letter, I should philosophize about difficult threads, like a terrorism, corruption and etc.

I do not have any experience of letter writing I try to get it (experience), therefore I post here some my jobs. It's my second letter.

Nickle.

Nicklexoxo

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
No, I am not going to submit this letter as part of my exam.

Status
Not open for further replies.