Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Hey, we are creating a surf brand name Iurop in Chile, i want to ask You to help me with checking traduction from spanish to english of our discription:

Iurop is an emerging brand that was born in 2007 and step by step began to position in the local market.
We are producing our line of exclusive products, in which we capture the fruits of our creative process, aware of the reality of our planet and habitants. We are taking the responsability to stimulate awareness of people to live in the peace with our environment and a better world.

HELP THE WORLD!

2. Enjoying nature and sharing with our friends is what we like to do, we invite you to enjoy good times exploring the benefits and opportunities of our coast through the waves and surf. With us you can explore your abilities, overcome your fears and above all things radically enjoy, but always sure of the security of this wonderful sport. In our surf school you can learn the skills needed to face the waves of our region, and then develop you surf safely and progressively.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hey, we are creating a surfing brand name Iurop in Chile. I would like to ask you to help me with checking the translation from Spanish to English of our description:

Iurop is an emerging brand that was born in 2007 and step by step began to gain a position in the local market.
We produce an exclusive line of products, into which we put our best creative efforts, always keeping in mind the health of our planet and its inhabitants. We take responsibility for encouraging people to live in peace with our environment and create a better world

HELP SAVE THE WORLD!

2. Enjoying nature and sharing with our friends is what we like to do. We invite you to share good times exploring our coast through its waves and surf. With us you can explore your abilities, overcome your fears and above all things radically enjoy, always confident of your safety in this wonderful sport. In our surf school you can learn the skills needed to face the waves of our region, and then develop your surfing skills safely and progressively.

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
[STRIKE] Hey [/STRIKE] (this is not a polite way of introducing your post), We are creating a surfing product brand name, Iurop in Chileand I want to ask you to help me with checking [STRIKE] traduction [/STRIKE] my translation from Spanish to English [STRIKE]of our description:[/STRIKE]
Iurop is an emerging brand (of what?) that was [STRIKE] born [/STRIKE] created in 2007 and step by step began to [STRIKE] position in [/STRIKE] introduce it to the local market.
We are producing our line of exclusive products, in which we capture the fruits of our creative process, aware of the [STRIKE] reality [/STRIKE] of the realities that are present on our planet and with its inhabitants. We are taking [STRIKE] the [/STRIKE] responsibility to stimulate awareness [STRIKE] of [STRIKE] among people to [/STRIKE] live in the peace [/STRIKE] peacefully coexist with our environment and to promote a better world.

HELP THE WORLD!

2. Enjoying nature and sharing (sharing what?) with our friends is what we like to do. We invite you to enjoy good times exploring the benefits and opportunities of our coast through the waves and surf. With us you can explore your abilities, overcome your fears and above all things radically (?) enjoy (what?), but always sure of the security of this wonderful sport. In our surf school you can learn the skills needed to face the waves of our region, and then develop [STRIKE] you [/STRIKE] your skills to surf safely and progressively improve.

b.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hey (this is not a polite way of introducing your post),

With respect, I strongly disagree. The "Hey ..." is not just good, it is excellent in this type of communication, namely advertising copy. It reflects the current vogue in slang among the demographic they are going after.

Demographic ... what a regrettable noun.

Last edited:

Creoula

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Thank You for Your help!
We will put Your translation on our webpaige: Iurop Boarshop La Serena
We are just starting, so when i will have more text to translate i will ask You for help again.

Sorry for so many errors... I am polish geolgist trying to speak some english and spanish :) uff

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hey (this is not a polite way of introducing your post),

With respect, I strongly disagree. The "Hey ..." is not just good, it is excellent in this type of communication, namely advertising copy. It reflects the current vogue in slang among the demographic they are going after.

Demographic ... what a regrettable noun.

Well, Hey to you probus! I think you should review the original post. The introductory statement including "hey" was not part of the "advertising copy". Rather, it was a request for someone to review what followed.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
"Well, Hey to you probus! I think you should review the original post. The introductory statement including "hey" was not part of the "advertising copy". Rather, it was a request for someone to review what followed."

Yes, you are right. I stand corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.